• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lord

Lord

NuneWorld Admin

• Admin
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:46 PM

following the down trend of the this forum, we decide to refurbish the existing forum.
As before, I believe the we will manage to get Nuneworld back.
If you have any suggestion what you will like to see - post here...

rest is on us ;)

#2 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

This sounds like a good idea.

I'm going to stick around and post now :) want this place thriving again! Where is everyone?!

#3 Lord

Lord

NuneWorld Admin

• Admin
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

Deserted :))

anyhow, I have target now... to bring the site (including the web) to 40k daily unit visits.... (as 2 years ago)

I am sure that is possible, with some work ;)

Thanks for your help Mike!

#4 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

No problem!

Think the first step would be to send an email out to all the members? You can do that as admin!

#5 Batman

Batman

Everything I say is right.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:43 AM

I think you should target the forum at a more specific audience. If you really see NW as mainly a gaming forum have some pictures of gaming characters such as Master Chief, Mario and a soldier from COD at the top of the forum with the writing Nuneworld, right now the logo is just blue with white writing saying Nuneworld, it doesn't look very appealing, call it Nuneworld the games forum in flashy writing with some games characters standing there.
Also rather than this RP forum and the pointless games forums have one forum for General Gaming with sub forums such as Call of Duty (all the main games that are available on different platforums) then have forums that say Microsoft (with sub forums such as Halo as that's only available for microsoft), Sony, Nintendo (Mario, Zelda sub forums) then have a Windows and Mac topic. It really makes more sense, is better organised and more user friendly, trust me that will work as nobody RP's and I don't think a runescape forum is exactly amazing.

That way if there's something we want to discuss about Xbox we go in the microsoft forum, if we want to discuss PS3 we go in the sony forum and Wii we go in the Nintendo forum. If we want to discuss Call of duty we go in the general games forum as it's available on all these platforms.
Many people like to discuss games and new releases and after speaking to each other there they can find how good our community is in the FGC and Pointless chat forums (the best thing NW has to offer right about now.)
Hope that helped.
Sending email's to everyone isn't a bad start but we don't want the forum to be as good as it used to be, we want it to be much better

#6 evanfan1117

evanfan1117

<3

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

It's worth a shot, now with Admin backing hopefully this time it'll work.

#7 Lord

Lord

NuneWorld Admin

• Admin
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

hello people, nice to see you here again

re- Batman
I have not skills to create proper skin - any help is welcomed (at least creation of the logo)
I agree with you, we need to add console specific forums - I will manage that within next 2 days

re evanfan1117

I will be more present on the forum - when not traveling. However I travel once per month - most of the time will be here

Again, nice to see you !!

#8 Batman

Batman

Everything I say is right.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

hello people, nice to see you here again

re- Batman
I have not skills to create proper skin - any help is welcomed (at least creation of the logo)
I agree with you, we need to add console specific forums - I will manage that within next 2 days

re evanfan1117

I will be more present on the forum - when not traveling. However I travel once per month - most of the time will be here

Again, nice to see you !!

Okay you do the forums, as for the skin we will have to find somebody, I'm sure there are plenty of people here capable.

#9 Lord

Lord

NuneWorld Admin

• Admin
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

yes, I will try .. lot of talented people in the art forum

#10 HaloD MC

HaloD MC

The Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:35 AM

I can try to be on more to help the movies forum and or the forum in general. But I dont even remember the last time i was on..

#11 trigunkilla

trigunkilla

FOR PONY!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:27 AM

i can help the games. im an unemployed college student (pending) with a gaming laptop and steam. i can do it :P need to flash up the place indeed though :P

#12 HaloD MC

HaloD MC

The Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:42 PM

Hey lord what if you made spynets a gaming website, such as "funny-games.biz" and "addictinggames.com" and other game websites.. and have hundreds of games on your website and then you can attach this forum to it and it will bring in thousands of people? and the nyou can also run with the game cheats as wwell and it will just be an all around gaming website.

#13 metroid_dragon

metroid_dragon

☢ Doomed Utopia Theorem ☢ (Law of Zeal)

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

Although the Runescape forums are now dead, they used to be one of the most active sites I've ever seen. Just look at the post counts there. the Runescape forum (now called MMORPG forum) has 2654 Topics. To put that in perspective FGC only has 2408 Topics.

This is where the forum went right in the past and what we are lacking now. We need a main attraction. This used to be a Runescape forum, now it's just a general chatting website, many people joined for random reason unrelated to runescape, but it was the huge popularity of the runescape section that made this site pop up high on google, that made users bring in their friends and so forth. Without a main attraction or use like we once offered I'm worried that Nuneworld is doomed to the obscurities of the back of the web. I've tried advertising it on more popular forums and bringing my friends in, but new users will leave without any incentive to come back at the first "down-time" where there is a serious lack of new posts for a few days.

The only way to remove down-times is to have a proper use for the forums again. Therein lies the problem; How do we know what we want our main incentive to be?

Do we host flash games? That would cost Lord more bandwidth but is an option.

Do we focus on a big game? We tried that with World of Warcraft and it didn't work, likely because all big games now have their own official forums and the players no longer have use for third party forums like Nuneworld.

For now the best we (the users) can do for the forum is to stay active and to offer suggestions for ways to bring in more users on a regular basis. Think of this as a startup company (hell, if Nuneworld jumps back into popularity that would be worthy of adding to your resume). I know I'm hardly a good example of an active member, and I apoligize for my absense, I'll try and pop in here a lot more often, but we are going to need the help of all our loyal members to do so.

My suggestions for the immediate future is for Lord or Etile or myself to draft up a message to send to ALL registered users of the forum, and mass spam everyone who is registered here reminding them of the forums. I don't particularly like spamming but we're in desperate need of new blood. Once that email has been sent you'll be sure that thousands of one-time members will pop by, maybe not even to log in but they will stop by. They will evaluate the current active topics and sub-forums and then make a decision to post in one or not. many will not, but if even a half dozen or so decide to get roped back in we're on our way back to the top.

These are my two cents.

#14 trigunkilla

trigunkilla

FOR PONY!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

seriosly lets start focusing on the games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users