2 replies to this topic

#1 metroid_dragon

metroid_dragon

☢ Doomed Utopia Theorem ☢ (Law of Zeal)

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6233 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:29 AM

In this topic people can post requests for what kind of music they want to find more artists like them. Anyone can post some suggestions, perhaps link to some youtube videos of their suggestions playing a song you like.

Requesters:
Please post the genre of music you like and name some bands that are similiar which you would like to hear more like them. Again, youtube videos of songs you like are helpful for getting people to know exactly what you want to hear.

Suggesters:

Don't be shy about what you suggest, even if it's not exactly the same as the bands they said, that's probably a good thing. If it were exactly the same there would be no thrill of discovery. Make your suggestions and post lots of examples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My request:

I'm enjoying music by Buckethead, Pink Floyd, Joe Satriani. Generally I like my artists to be skilled with a guitar and I enjoy having a LACK of vocals. Vocals rarely do it for me in all but a few bands. Don't exclude a band that you think I may love just because there are vocals, but generally I much prefer to hear the sounds of the instruments (also, lack of vocals makes it easier for me to focus on my thoughts or study for those finals). Here are a few examples of some songs I'm loving at the moment:

Whitewash -buckethead

The Cosmic Calender - buckethead

Surfing with the Alien - Joe Satriani
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-OK7sS855M&feature=related

Posted Image

#2 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4979 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

I would recommend:

1.) My Brightest Diamond
2.) Cat Power
3.) Smog

Just look into them!

Posted Image
the golden box
is filled with babydoll hands
that never feel nervous
they lack overactive sympathetic glands
plastic is perfect

#3 V!ntage

V!ntage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:35 AM

Tornado Strength is the best post-punk post-hardcore pre-emo/screamo crustcore deathgrind post-gothic deathrock punk metal jazz fusion band ever!!!!!1
*The views and opinions expressed in this post are soley those of the poster, and are not to be taken otherwise.*
IPB Image

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users