95 replies to this topic

#91 trigunkilla

trigunkilla

FOR PONY!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:59 AM

einstein just had a problem showing HOW he knew suh things. and thats BEFORE what we are debating existed.

#92 ACEfanatic02

ACEfanatic02

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(LanaLou @ Oct 13 2006, 03:21 PM) View Post

do you realise how many of the worlds greats are speculated and known to have a disability?
heres a list of famous autistics
hans christien andersen- if he hadnt been enroleg in the university of copenhagen and encouraged we would have so few of the beautiful stories he wrote. had he not been ejucated regularly that wouldnt exist.
einstein
newton
bartok(composer)
michelangelo
so say these figures existed today, and we deprived them normal education would that not be a crime?

There is quite a difference between Autism and severe mental retardation. Austistics are geniuses, who pay for it with single-mindedness and hampered communicative abilities. Severely retarded people simply have trouble with comprehension.

So, I'm for the education of austisitics. But for retards who cannot comprehend the material... is there seriously any point?

-ACE

#93 Batman

Batman

Everything I say is right.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE(ACEfanatic02 @ Oct 15 2006, 09:09 PM) View Post

There is quite a difference between Autism and severe mental retardation. Austistics are geniuses, who pay for it with single-mindedness and hampered communicative abilities. Severely retarded people simply have trouble with comprehension.

So, I'm for the education of austisitics. But for retards who cannot comprehend the material... is there seriously any point?

-ACE

Who knows though? Surely they may enjoy meeting new faces- rather than leaving them at home all day. Despite having problems they can slightly improve- from learning their way around a school to learning faces and names. Encouragement will always help.

#94 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE(Batman @ Oct 16 2006, 03:24 PM) View Post

Who knows though? Surely they may enjoy meeting new faces- rather than leaving them at home all day. Despite having problems they can slightly improve- from learning their way around a school to learning faces and names. Encouragement will always help.

yea but you fail to realize that they are total resource hogs. So much effort needs to be put in to hire extra staff for pretty much every single retard. (they cant have them walking around on their own quite often) This means they are getting the most tax dollars put into their education which will be ultimatly meaningless; they wont become productive members of society and many of them die before the age of 30. I hate to be so cold but that is the way it is; I'd rather our schools get better textbooks, equipment etc. than pay for all those extra staff required to deal with these children.

#95 the potato

the potato

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(Naylord @ Oct 17 2006, 01:40 AM) View Post

yea but you fail to realize that they are total resource hogs. So much effort needs to be put in to hire extra staff for pretty much every single retard. (they cant have them walking around on their own quite often) This means they are getting the most tax dollars put into their education which will be ultimatly meaningless; they wont become productive members of society and many of them die before the age of 30. I hate to be so cold but that is the way it is; I'd rather our schools get better textbooks, equipment etc. than pay for all those extra staff required to deal with these children.

If you win your debate with MD, I will reward you with making you debate FOR Mentally Challenged And Esl In Schools tongue.gif
joke coke8.gif

#96 trigunkilla

trigunkilla

FOR PONY!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:26 AM

id just like to say get rid of the tards. KICK THE DAMN ESL STUDENTS THE !@#$ OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!!! and deport all people that cannot contribute to soceity. if you arent helpful then you go (unless your elderly or such. dont get nit picky with that)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users