Rick Hard

Are Those My Feet?

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(Naylord @ May 5 2005, 03:51 AM)
there is a lot of repeaters there
yoshi's island and mario world 2 are the same game. and all stars is a collection, personally I dont count the collection but instead count the games in there. Unless you object and want everybody to count the collections and the games in there im just gonna not count it. If you have problems with this let me know. Also, there is no Yoshi's island 2 so im just not going to count that either.

View Post

alright fine, i edited those two out so as not to be confused.

also, i edited my post to include more and all the new ones are in bold.

#32 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:44 PM

K, just fixed up the list, Rick Hard is creeping up on me, damn I got to go beat some short games to secure my position as master gamer.
Anyways, mods feel free to edit my lists when people change or new people post, I will eventually but if you feel like doing it go ahead.

#33 Rick Hard

Rick Hard

Are Those My Feet?

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:43 PM

oh, and by the way. roms and crappy internet games dont count. roms, cos well, everyone could just go and download every old game and finish them all and end up with like a thousand completed games. and internet no internet games cos they're all just $%^&* and easy to complete.

i think every one will agree on that. 4.gif

#34 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:26 PM

Yes, that is acceptable.

(what if we had played a rom but do actually own the game, I think that should still count because it's still the same game and the same length and is still legal)

#35 Rick Hard

Rick Hard

Are Those My Feet?

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE(metroid_dragon @ May 5 2005, 06:26 PM)
Yes, that is acceptable.

(what if we had played a rom but do actually own the game, I think that should still count because it's still the same game and the same length and is still legal)

View Post

yeah, but if you own the game, and have completed it, then whats the point in having the rom.why have the rom when you can play the actual game.

#36 Neiko

Neiko

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:40 AM

**UPDATE**

#37 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE(Rick Hard @ May 5 2005, 10:55 AM)
yeah, but if you own the game, and have completed it, then whats the point in having the rom.why have the rom when you can play the actual game.

View Post

Well in my situation, my SNES broke.

#38 Neiko

Neiko

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE(metroid_dragon @ May 5 2005, 06:46 PM)

View Post

i bet that was the grandest day of your life eh?

#39 Rick Hard

Rick Hard

Are Those My Feet?

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE(metroid_dragon @ May 6 2005, 12:46 AM)

View Post

alright, fair enough. but only if you actually own the game. no saying stuff you dont own just for a better score.

#40 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:47 AM

Naylord... not to sound suspicous but a few things i wanna clear up.

you already managed to beat Oracle of Seasons Geoff? and are pretty far into Majora's Mask? all since the last time i was over? (less than a week ago)

and your mario list is confusing... and you have super mario land 2 the 6 golden coins?

and what are:
"sonic the hedgehog 2 with knuckles"
"Sonic the hedgehog 3 with knuckles"

are they actually different games than sonic 2 and 3? I looked on gamespot and there are no games by those titles.

And I know for a fact you havn't unlocked everything in Super Smash bros: melee, beating the 20-minute single player thing isn't "beating the game" you have to unlock everything in super smash bros or any other related multiplayer beat-em-ups for the game for it to be considered "beaten" (all those games have much too short single players for you to able to consider going through the single player game) (and in plus, you havn't even played All-Star mode yet.)

Virtua Fighter 4 is the same deal as above, (i don't know if there are unlockables in it though, but if not then I agree that the 20 minute single player thing can count i guess)

Did you manage to unlock everything in Soul Calibur 2 when i lent it to you? You had it for awhile so i won't doubt you if you say you did, This is more for curiosity than anything else.

animal crossing...? get a life, that game doesn't end, I didn't put it in my list and neither should you. Feel free to make a list like i did though for games you've played more than 20 hours in and shove that in there.

I know you were planning on, but you actually went ahead and rented I-Ninja? and beat it? in the same period in which you've apparently beaten like every zelda game? (about 6 days)

no game by the name of "Virtual Squad" exists according to gamespot.

anyways, that's my little rant, i'm just gonna update my list, after going over yours I've seen a few I havn't added yet. I think i'll go over every list just for reminders.

I'll edit when i do that.

#41 Neiko

Neiko

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:00 AM

i was going to say that some time, how can you beat animal crossing, i mean its like saying I BEAT THE SIMS!!!!! OH YEA!!!! really, and metroid would a multi player game that you played over 2 years be acceptable for a game beaten. because i played it much more than any other game

#42 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:26 AM

Well in all honesty I think that everyone might wanna create a list like the one i did, thats where i put my games that I played for a really long time but they havn't had any single player.

Geoff, I edited out the games you didn't agree with, I didn't understand at first what you meant. But no, It wasn't Master Quest I had beaten on my Gamecube so I won't count it.

The numbers I posted on my list should be accurate now.

*UPDATED MY LIST*

#43 Neiko

Neiko

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:36 AM

*UPDATE*

#44 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:21 AM

Okay, sonic three and knuckles are combo games when you combine two different sonic games to get a different one, I wasnt entirely sure about that one. I'll see what you guys think, this is a really weird boarderline case.
Anyways, I have beaten oracle of seasons, and I have a game called virtua squad at my house, do you want to see it? it is shitty, and short, and not worth playing.
virtual fighter 4 I beat with every charecter and played through kumete the 20 or so hour single player.
I consider beating animal crossing upgrading the house, but whatever, I'll take it off. No need to tell me to get a life though. But I thought that was the ultimate goal of the game and completing the ultimate goal is beating it.
yes I have and beaten super mario land and the six golden coins, wanna see it?
I own soul caliber and have completly beaten that mode were you move around, forget what its called but you will vouch that is beating it. And I have beaten single player with every charecter.
Hey were not saying every game you have mastered, got every charecter, unlocked everything 100%, did speed runs off and such list, no this is the lists of games you have beat. And I have beat smash.

#45 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:34 AM

there is no way that you going through that 15-20 minute campaign should count as you beating SSB:M, I think we should get everyone elses opinion on that one.

I believe you beat six golden coins, i'm just surprised you never told me you had it.

and the whole "get a life" thing is just an expression like.. say.. "get real" or "be serious", same thing.

What do you mean "2 sonic games in one?" are they basically 2 already released games in one? because if thats the case then no, they shouldn't count since we are not counting other collections like all stars.

As i said, I wasn't doubting you beat the single player in SC 2. I agree that going through that single player thing is beating it.

For everyone:

Do you think that "beating" Super Smash Bros: Melee should either be:

1) making a run through the 15-20 minute single player matches.

2) unlocking all levels, characters, and modes (all modes just come free after you unlock enough characters and levels though so they don't really count). Trophies are not included.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users