#1 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

Starcraft and FF moderator

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 12:09 AM

Hey all,

Well I did it! I finally did 100 posts (whew)! YAY!!!!!!!!

Edited by tzobell, 28 June 2005 - 08:06 AM.

#2 sage

sage

Music forum moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 12:39 AM

Congratulation, keep a good work ... tongue.gif

#3 Zeckter

Zeckter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 04:24 PM

well well.....i've been in for two days and i'm at twenty some

#4 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 04:44 AM

Arg, stealing my thunder there Zeckter?

#5 sage

sage

Music forum moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 06:16 PM

I have finaly 100 post too smile.gif

#6 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 08:38 PM

Congrats

#7 krh1990

krh1990

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 12:06 AM

Well, its kind of a weird goal but good job anyways. tongue.gif

#8 Lord

Lord

NuneWorld Admin

• Admin
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 08:54 AM

Congrats to all of you smile.gif

#9 dragonwarrior5

dragonwarrior5

Age of Empire & Runescape Moderator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 04:34 PM

i feel so left out i only got 63 posts dry.gif sad.gif

#10 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 12:33 AM

Hey guys this was taken from Robin Williams on Broadway...

There are strange things in the Bible... Moses went to Pharoah and said, 'let my people go' and Pharoah said 'no way' so moses says 'God help me!' and frogs fell from the sky!!! Who's knows? It could have been God... or maybe it could have been some jews on the other side of the mountain with a catipult full of frogs saying 'NOW!'. Good thing this didn't happen in France because the French would say 'Lunch!'

Also you notice that there are always jewish names in the bible, like moses zerriach adam... then you have Mary and Joe... If you think about it we were a hypenit way from Mary-Jo and Jim-Bob the son of Christ... And think about it... We could be singing :

'Praise to him Jim-Bob
He who gets me that stuff and a job,
Jim-Bob!'

And it says that Jesus was an only child, well thank God! Who would want to be Jerry the brother of Christ?!

Mary: Comon Jerry we're going to the beach

Jerry: Oh great, Jesus is going to walk on water get a bunch of diciples heal everyone and I'm going to sit with a rash on my a** on hot sand great day for me...

lol more robin williams to come!

#11 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 03:53 AM

I loved that performance! laugh.gif laugh.gif My wife couldn't get past her previous conception of him from all his "kiddy fliks" (Flubber, Jumanji, etc), but then again, she never saw any of his early stand-up acts from back in the 70's and 80's (now THERE'S a blast from the past! blink.gif ).

Since you posted some "religious humor", how about a quick observation before we get back to all that Robin Williams goodness:
You know how the atheists refuse to allow prayer and the Ten Commandments to be in schools or public places or even in The Pledge? Then how come I've never seen one refuse to take off work for a religious holiday? dry.gif

#12 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 10:57 PM

... he has a point ...

#13 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 05:23 PM

Who? Me or Robin Williams?

#14 RaenonD

RaenonD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 07:39 PM

Tell you what- I'm an atheist (or maybe just an extreme agnostic tongue.gif ), but if you don't think Atheists should take off religiously based federal holidays, I'll just start my own religion!

There you go- Rae-ism includes the holy months of July (to celebrate the summer) and December (to celebrate the end of the year). Both are holy months- I need to spend July in poolside meditation, and December in deep slumber to spiritually rejuvenate me for the coming year.
Of course, Raeism also entails weekly festivals, to be held from sundown friday to sundown sunday.

Sounds great! 4.gif

Tell me, if such holidays were available to you, would you just go into work instead?

Like it or not, atheists, as well as members of other religions, have christian holidays forced on them by the majority. It's much easier for everyone to just cope with it, and try to get along as well as we can, in spite of differences.

#15 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 11:34 PM

Let's not get into a debate. The observation was made in jest for the most part. For anyone I offended, I apologize earnestly.

After all, if the government wants to tell my employer that they have to give me the day off (with/without pay), for whatever reason, I'm not going to balk at it.
And if that means the government takes up Raeism and gives me a couple months off a year... You will NOT hear me complain.

smile.gif I do, however, thank you for your ending comment, "try to get along as well as we can, in spite of differences."
I agree whole heartedly and apologize again for any offense taken by my jest.

ph34r.gif P.S. Does Raeism's weekly festivals allow lots of drinking? I can't be involved with any kind of religion that won't let me have the occasional beer. ph34r.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users