19 replies to this topic

#1 Tonberry

Tonberry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 09:53 AM

These are my records:
FFVI - 40 hours. I got to the final boss at about 25 hours, but I had to practice for a whole 15 hours so I could be strong enough to defeat it. It wasn't worth the effort... dry.gif
FFV - 37 hours. In this FF, I also got to the boss when the average party level was below 30. I'm proud that even after going all the way back to the beginning of the final maze, completing a few mini-quests and returning to the final boss, my time didn't exceed 40 hours.
FFVI - 40 hours. Well, it's not difficult to finish this FF fast. It was just that easy.
FFVII - 70 hours. That includes defeating Ruby Weapon.
FFVIII - over 99 hours. I've almost mastered the game. I compeleted every mini-quest except killing Omega weapon and the Triple Triads (but I did defeat Ultima Weapon)
FFIX - 90 hours. The guy that hid the Chocographs and treasures sure did a good job... perhaps too well...
FFX - 75 hours, in one week. I got Auron, Rikku and Lulu's ultimate weapons (plus crests and sigils) and I defeated a couple of Dark Aeons (Ifrit, Valefor and Ixion). I would've done more mini-quests, but my eyes started to hurt(75hours/7days=approx. 11hours per day, that's a lot of time for one in which to be exposed to frequent epilepsy-episode inducing flashes), so I decided I should terminatd my addiction as soon as possible and went straight into Sin. My eyes still ached for a few days after I finished the game and stopped playing.

#2 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

Starcraft and FF moderator

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:34 PM

Uh, 95 hours for FF8... I`ve beaten all of it in less than 40 including the Omega... As for FF9 the Chocographs were easy!

#3 Long

Long

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:23 AM

i beat ff7 in about 84 hours but i still didn't kill those two weapons if u guys have any advice can i have some

#4 Maester Seymour

Maester Seymour

Yes I am an eccentric person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:18 PM

FFX2 200HRS and I was pretty slow. laugh.gif

#5 Loss_Of_Me

Loss_Of_Me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 01:11 PM

Emerald Weapon

Any decent set-up should do here, as long as you have the Underwater Materia.

Some useful Materia Combos which don't use up too much space:

[4 Slots]
Counter paired with Deathblow
Mega-All
Luck Plus
Whenever you're hit, you hit every enemy for 9999 damage. Add in more Counter-Deathblow combinations to attack more than once.

[5 Slots]
Long Range
Cover
Mega-All
Counter Attack paired with Counter Attack or
Magic Counter paired with KOTR etc.
Whenever anyone is attacked, you take the damage, then couter attack twice against every enemy, or you counter with KOTR.

[5 Slots]
Quadra Magic paired with Ultima
Ultima paired with MP Absorb
W-Magic
Whenever you cast Ultima, it casts 4 times, and absorbs MP. You can then immediately cast it again 4 times, again absorbing MP.

This is taking a while. So i'll move on.

Ruby Weapon:

Enter a random encounter and kill 2 of your party members, leaving the one you want to recieve all the AP, generally whoever is your best character.

Set-up for materia:
Final Attack paired with Pheonix (Prob won't need this, but...)
Master Summon paired with HP Absorb
Counter paired with Mime
Knights Of The Round paired with MP Absorb
W-Summon
And then, if you need it, HP/MP plusses to get your HP and MP to 9999 and 999 respectively. Also, chuck in some Magic plusses so that KOTR does max damage. And some Speed plusses if you want.

Now enter the battle with Ruby Weapon. Use KOTR, which will cast twice, absorbing HP and MP. Ruby should counter with Ultima, which shouldn't worry you unduly. Then, you will counter with another 2 KOTR, absorbing the initial MP cost at the start of the battle, and restoring your health. The battle will continue like this until you defeat Ruby. If you're confident you won't be killed by Ultima, go make youself a drink and come back in 5 or 10 minutes. If you're not so sure, and you get killed by an Ultima, you should have more than enough MP to cast Pheonix, which will happen automatically, bringing you back to life. After this you will have to re-cast KOTR, so that you continue to Mime that instead of Pheonix.

Finito.

#6 thunderleaf

thunderleaf

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 02:33 PM

I've beaten FF3 (a.k.a. FF5..) in 8 hours tongue.gif

That's on a SNES emulator.

#7 Long

Long

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 01:16 AM

thanks Loss

#8 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:28 AM

I have beaten FF 9 in about 80 hours but i have played it more than 5 times...beat it at least 8

#9 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:54 AM

let me get this straight...

you have beaten the game 8 times...

but only played it 5 times....

am i the only one that is confused right now?

#10 blue

blue

Gold Member

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(metroid_dragon @ Aug 4 2004, 02:54 AM)
let me get this straight...

you have beaten the game 8 times...

but only played it 5 times....

am i the only one that is confused right now?

"More than 5 times"

I think he was comparing himself to someone who beat it 5 times... or something..

#11 Maester Seymour

Maester Seymour

Yes I am an eccentric person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:40 AM

FFX2 I needed a guide to finish it. wallbash.gif

#12 StrifeMaster

StrifeMaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 07:43 AM

i dont even want to waste my time on ffx-2, i hated the first one so much, but i do suppose being the ff fan that i am i should at least try it right?

#13 Loss_Of_Me

Loss_Of_Me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 11:42 PM

Yeah, I played it through just because, but my heart wasn't in it after a while. Your choice. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't play it...

#14 StrifeMaster

StrifeMaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 01:57 PM

yeah, neither would i! lol

#15 dragonmatt5

dragonmatt5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:44 PM

I haven't beaten FFx-2 but my sister who I just got to join this forum (called cataradove or something like that) has and if she would talk once in a while she would be able to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users