#1 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:02 PM

Do you believe in fate?

Contrary to what my religion suggests, I intend the majority of the time to not believe in fate. I believe that for every action, there is a reaction. Something which develops now could possibly affect you later on in life. I also believe this may not be in our control sometimes and in many cases we may have no knowledge of it to begin with.

#2 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:05 PM

I believe in fate, I think that everything you do changes your life a bit. Even if it is a small change. TJ whats your religion?

#3 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

Sikhism, but the majority of religions believe in fate, if not all.

#4 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

You know, I always thought that wierd, religions believing in fate.

I mean, if it's my fate to be a sinner, and rock out like nobody's business, then how is it my fault? It's fate, baby.

#5 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:51 AM

I think you have some control over what happens in your life and others. The only thing that I really know I'm destined to do is die someday...haha that sounds negative, but that's the end result...you can't escape death...you can change what happens during your life though...and now I will end my senseless rambling...

#6 Sora-Trinity-

Sora-Trinity-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:14 AM

We are all bound in the chains of fate. In my opinion, God sets a path for us, and that path is our fate, we cannot choose to follow it, but instead we are lead.

#7 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:39 AM

The thing I don't like about that, is that in that system, it really sucks to be us. If god made me a sinner, I'm going to hell, and it's his fault for putting me on that path. That's not very nice of our friendly neighborhood deity.

#8 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(BreakTheReflection @ Feb 4 2006, 10:51 PM) View Post

I think you have some control over what happens in your life and others. The only thing that I really know I'm destined to do is die someday...haha that sounds negative, but that's the end result...you can't escape death...you can change what happens during your life though...and now I will end my senseless rambling...

Yeah, it’s true. We’re going to die someday, and it could even be today!! Heheh, sorry to scare you tongue.gif

QUOTE(etile @ Feb 5 2006, 12:39 AM) View Post

The thing I don't like about that, is that in that system, it really sucks to be us. If god made me a sinner, I'm going to hell, and it's his fault for putting me on that path. That's not very nice of our friendly neighborhood deity.

I concur. If that was the case, some folk, well at least me, are destined to become a failure and no matter what lengths are attempted to change this, none of them work because my path is already set up for me. That’s a scary thought, knowing I can’t change the inevitable, no matter what I attempt.

#9 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE(_TJ_ @ Feb 5 2006, 05:35 AM) View Post

Yeah, it’s true. We’re going to die someday, and it could even be today!! Heheh, sorry to scare you tongue.gif

Every day I think about how this could be my last day...which is why I don't plan much for the future...I may not see it...haha (or maybe I'm just lazy...)

#10 Batman

Batman

Everything I say is right.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

I have always thought about fate.

Once on holiday I went to the shop and chose the kinder egg on the left.
Then I got a rubbishy jigsaw in it.
The next time I chose one in the middle and got a rubbishy mouse toy.
I was frustrated so threw it in the swimming pool.
Then I retrieved it.
While I spent my time doing this I was on time for a game of football.
I dried played the game and missed tea.
I was hungry so went to the shop to get food.

Now had I not chosen the kinder egg on the right I would have got a decent thing (which my mates got)
Then I wouldn't have bought another.
Or thrown it into the swimming pool.
Or retrieved it.
Or been in time for a football match.
Or missed tea.
Or gone to the shop to get food.

In that time I could have fallen off a skyscraper

Think about that.

#11 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE(BreakTheReflection @ Feb 5 2006, 03:10 PM) View Post

Every day I think about how this could be my last day...which is why I don't plan much for the future...I may not see it...haha (or maybe I'm just lazy...)

That’s a fantastic excuse, I’m going to use it next when I’m asked what I want to pursue as a career. “Uh, about that, I may ‘kick the bucket’ tomorrow because you never know what’s around the corner. That’s why I haven’t thought about it because then I would’ve wasted time thinking about it if I died tomorrow, valuable time which I could’ve spent thinking on more present things. You wouldn’t want that, would you?”

4.gif

Hmm, that’s an interesting theory Batman…

#12 Iroquois Pliskin

Iroquois Pliskin

NW's Sexiest Male 07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:36 PM

I personally don't believe in fate, I choose my own path.

#13 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(_TJ_ @ Feb 5 2006, 11:50 AM) View Post

That’s a fantastic excuse, I’m going to use it next when I’m asked what I want to pursue as a career. “Uh, about that, I may ‘kick the bucket’ tomorrow because you never know what’s around the corner. That’s why I haven’t thought about it because then I would’ve wasted time thinking about it if I died tomorrow, valuable time which I could’ve spent thinking on more present things. You wouldn’t want that, would you?”

4.gif

You're right. There is no tomorrow! blink.gif

#14 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE(BreakTheReflection @ Feb 5 2006, 07:10 AM) View Post

Rock on, little one, rawk on

#15 EdgE_SOAD

EdgE_SOAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:56 AM

Fate and Destiny are two things I believe alot in God being the first belief of course

ALTHOUGH FATE SCREWS ME OVER ALOT

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users