9 replies to this topic

#1 Maester Seymour

Maester Seymour

Yes I am an eccentric person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:44 PM

But religion has to be discussed I think, because theres so much religion in today's society
War over relgion, religious debates, what's the better religion, which to follow etc.

My question is to you fellow nuneworldians is this.

Q. If you are religious, then which do you follow
and do we have the right to question which relgion, is wrong or right?

#2 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:13 AM

I'm a Pastafarian, I worship, pray and live by the word of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. The question goes on to ask, "do we have the right to question which relgion", I'm not quite sure what is meant by this but if it means if it's right to question my religion then the answer is 'no' because everything The Spaghetti Monster says is true. Why question it when it's true? Next the question asks, "is [it] wrong or right", to which I would have to answer: most definitely right.

I urge everyone to open their eyes and let Him touch you with His noodly appendage and show you the sauce and the way.

#3 rat racer550

rat racer550

There is Nothing Left to Lose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 09:56 PM

^lol

Since I've left my Catholic high school, I've diverted away from religion. I've only been to mass once since high school graduation. I respect most religions and religious fellows, but it's just not for me.

#4 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (rat racer550 @ Mar 5 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^lol

Since I've left my Catholic high school, I've diverted away from religion. I've only been to mass once since high school graduation. I respect most religions and religious fellows, but it's just not for me.

Are you saying you're an atheist? That's wrong, The Spaghetti Monster made you, how can not believe in Him?

#5 metroid_dragon

metroid_dragon

☢ Doomed Utopia Theorem ☢ (Law of Zeal)

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Eraserhead @ Mar 4 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a Pastafarian, I worship, pray and live by the word of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. The question goes on to ask, "do we have the right to question which relgion", I'm not quite sure what is meant by this but if it means if it's right to question my religion then the answer is 'no' because everything The Spaghetti Monster says is true. Why question it when it's true? Next the question asks, "is [it] wrong or right", to which I would have to answer: most definitely right.

I urge everyone to open their eyes and let Him touch you with His noodly appendage and show you the sauce and the way.

Haha, I've had Pastafarian set as my religion on facebook for ages.

A bit more on-topic:

Religion is a tool for controlling the masses that was incredibly useful in the advancement and maturing of the human race. It helped unite us from small tribes, helped bring world-power civilizations to their heights as well as their knees, and properly interpreted it still offers humanity many benefits as nearly all religions have a message of good at their core, many are simply mis-interpreted.

However, in this new information age that has come to pass since the end of the last world war, religion is not nearly as useful anymore and the only purpose is serves for the advancement is humanity is the messages of good they attempt to portray. The days of their usefulness as tools of uniting and conquering are over.

#6 Azmaria Hendric

Azmaria Hendric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (metroid_dragon @ Mar 26 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Religion is a tool for controlling the masses that was incredibly useful in the advancement and maturing of the human race. It helped unite us from small tribes, helped bring world-power civilizations to their heights as well as their knees, and properly interpreted it still offers humanity many benefits as nearly all religions have a message of good at their core, many are simply mis-interpreted.

However, in this new information age that has come to pass since the end of the last world war, religion is not nearly as useful anymore and the only purpose is serves for the advancement is humanity is the messages of good they attempt to portray. The days of their usefulness as tools of uniting and conquering are over.

You are so right. But without religion the masses would be like headless chickens.
They need a leader, someone to look up to in hard times and so on and so forth.

We can't deny the people that. Who are we do judge what religion is right or wrong.
I respect all religions, but I will never understand Scientology

#7 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Azmaria Hendric @ Apr 7 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are so right. But without religion the masses would be like headless chickens.
They need a leader, someone to look up to in hard times and so on and so forth.

We can't deny the people that. Who are we do judge what religion is right or wrong.
I respect all religions, but I will never understand Scientology

Scientology is more a cult than a religion, those people are nut-jobs even by religious standards.

Anyways, religion isn't a problem, it's fundamental religion that's bad, when you take every word of a religious text as literal truth you spread ignorance and dangerous ideas.

edit: I worship Thor now!:

#8 Azmaria Hendric

Azmaria Hendric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (Eraserhead @ Apr 12 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scientology is more a cult than a religion, those people are nut-jobs even by religious standards.

Anyways, religion isn't a problem, it's fundamental religion that's bad, when you take every word of a religious text as literal truth you spread ignorance and dangerous ideas.

Yes I would have to agree with you there. Scientology has some crazy a** dudes in it that's for sure.
Nobody takes religion that seriously enough to do that I don't think.

Except maybe some Catholics or Christians perhaps... I don't really know.
I know for certain I don't take religion "deadly serious", but serious enough to a certain standard.

#9 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Azmaria Hendric @ Apr 19 2009, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I would have to agree with you there. Scientology has some crazy a** dudes in it that's for sure.
Nobody takes religion that seriously enough to do that I don't think.

Except maybe some Catholics or Christians perhaps... I don't really know.
I know for certain I don't take religion "deadly serious", but serious enough to a certain standard.

There really are people like that, they call themselves fundamentalists and they take every word of the Bible as literal truth. Kirk Cameron is someone I call a fundamentalist, he believes the Earth is only 6000 years old and that evolution never occurred, that every animal is has its always been. Total nut-job. And it's not only Christians that have fundamentalists but Muslims, Mormons and Jews as well, other religions, too, probably has them.

#10 Azmaria Hendric

Azmaria Hendric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Eraserhead @ Apr 20 2009, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There really are people like that, they call themselves fundamentalists and they take every word of the Bible as literal truth. Kirk Cameron is someone I call a fundamentalist, he believes the Earth is only 6000 years old and that evolution never occurred, that every animal is has its always been. Total nut-job. And it's not only Christians that have fundamentalists but Muslims, Mormons and Jews as well, other religions, too, probably has them.

These Fundamentalists are total whack jobs that's for sure. I don't like them one bit.
Religion is a good thing to be under, but not in extreme circumstances like these fundamentalists.

Also some Muslims are like totally evil. The ones that talk about ultimate martyrdom, and want to kill other people
that don't share the same religion as they do. They kill their own people even. And I see no justification in that whatssoever if you ask me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users