• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Skye Silverstone

Skye Silverstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:40 PM

A beautiful black haired, woman who is not much older than 24 stands along on the edge of a cliff during the night, looking out over the lands and into the gaze of the shining moon, she listens for nothing, and she speaks not a single words as sahe stands there. Thinking about past, present and future, how life who have been and how it was.

She breaks the silence witha sigh of tiredness, she places her hand on the hilt of her sword which she carried at her side, saddled in the sash around her waist, she twitches it in thought and the blade glistens with the light from the moon. Below her there is a lake full of amzingly colour lilly pads and stubborn reeds, fireflies float by below and they catch her eye as she gazes out passed herself. She has been standing there for the past few hows and her lsg, although not aching, which to be relieved or any weight, slowly but surely she crouches down to the ground the sits, one leg dangling off the edge of the cliff and the other folded up under the dangling leg. Placing her hands on her ankle she smiles and watches as the fire flies dance below.

What life would have been like, i never know she thought to herself, she had been thinking about what life would have been like if her beloved had not been killed that day. I stripped myself of all emotions, i left my children with my Guardians, and i will not return to my best friend until i can finally find myself once again. I shall forever be alone...

She listened as a wolf howled a cry of delight at a kill not too far away, Skye wasn't scared of a simple wolf, although she was hungry, she hadn't eaten in a few days and her stomach rumbled. She placed a hand on her gurgling stomach and grunted before returning her gaze to stare out once again.

#2 Anomalous

Anomalous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 03:08 AM

A man that looked like the walking dead, and perhaps was, aimlessly wandered through the forest. He was completely covered in tattered faded black clothing, which made him look like a mummy. The strips of torn cloth that hung off his clothing whipped violently in the cool breeze as he passed by each tree.

He wandered aimlessly, but not thoughtlessly. Like many beings gifted with thought he contemplated his own existence. One discussion of usually high priority was choice. Many people look back on the choices they have made and say what they would have changed. However, The majority of people won't ever know if the choices they 'should' have made would have been better. He believed that such things shouldn't be worried over and that the present Should be diligently observed and improved upon. However, He knew the fate of one of his alternate choices. The kind of choice that could have saved lives instead of destroyed them. But he was blinded by pride and arrogance. He wore a bone mask that symbolized this. A skull wearing the mask of a tormented man. A man tormented by the sins of his past. Or was the sorrow a facade and the skull was what he really was on the inside? Either way he vowed to fix his mistakes no matter the cost.

His heavy boots hardly made a sound as it sunk into the moist soil as he approached a lake. The elegant sword on his back barely moved as he bent down to look at the reflection in the water. Like always he could only see what he was instead of what he is. He disrupted the water when he dipped his hand in and scooped some up. He didn't drink it but watched it seep through his fingers...since he couldn't feel it.

#3 Skye Silverstone

Skye Silverstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:27 PM

Skye suddenly became aware that the lake below was rippling, she looked down and saw a dark clothed man below, staring at him as he watched the water seep through his fingers. She pushed against the floor with the palms of her hand, bringing herself to a standing positions, she burshed off the dirt from her clothing. She stood and watched for a little longer, twitching the sword in her sash, after a while she crouched down this time trying to take in more of a facial desciption from him.

"Hmmm...." she mused and rubbed the back of her head.

She pushed against her knee and stood, looking down upon this man, him seeming much further away as Skye was such a tall woman: standing at 5'11, she took a step backwards then several forwards, jumping high into the sky when she reached the edge of the cliff. Silently she landed on the otherside of the lake, it was only small so they were fairly close. Silently she watched him, she still couldn't see his face properly and quickly moved closer for a better view.

"Friend or Foe" she demanded when she reached him, for her closer view, she had pulled out her sword from her sash and held it pointing at the man.

#4 Anomalous

Anomalous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:45 AM

As the figure gazed into the water he started to lose focus of the things going on around him and he started to lose himself inside his own mind. He wondered if his search was in vain. If what he does has any impact on the future. He also wondered what he would do if his initial plan falls through. A simple question brought him back to reality.

The figure stood to face the approaching women. The figure was 6'2" and was abnormally thin. The only thing that could be seen behind the mask was yellow and red eyes. "Friend or foe?" He tilted his head to the right as he mulled over the question. If she was a evil person she wouldn't be giving him a chance. However, her hostile reaction could mean that she is expecting some kind of trouble. So the question isn't based on the actual answer but his reaction to it? But he could lie and she won't be able to tell since he is wearing a mask.

He realized how long it was taking him to answer such a simple question and he wondered how long the woman could hold a sword of that length out the way she was. Either the sword was light or she was really strong. He was thinking too much and decided to just answer the question. His intentions weren't evil and he was minding his own business so there was no need for a confrontation.

"I can't say friend since I don't know you. But, I will say that I don't mean you any harm."

#5 Skye Silverstone

Skye Silverstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:31 AM

"Hmmmm....." she furrowed her brow for a minute. "Good-" her voice eading off it's deamnding tone. "- I couldn't do with a confrontation, i'm too hungry..." she mused over her words and her stomach growled, she placed a hand on it and blushed.

She lowered the sword slowly, then sheathed it back into her sash; she had breifly anaylized the way the figure infront was analyzing the way he held her sword, she knee what he was thinking. Replacing her frown with a pretty smile and softening her gaze she stepped forwards.

"I'm too strong for my own good..." she said not caring if he knew what she was on about. "Call me Skye, my name is Skye Silverstone, a Martharian Princess but i prefer the warrior role myself, i'm not really girlie and helples enough to be a princess." She laughed to herself, then crouched down next to the figure. "I don't suppose you've heard of Marthara have you?"

Twisting her thin and agile body towards the water she cupped her hands and scoope dup some water, taking several sips of the fluent liquid before it had vanished through her fingers, she did this several times.

At least it'll keep my hunger at bay she thought to herself, she felt slightly better after drinking the water, but the hunger was still there.

"What's your name?" she asked in a child like manner, even her appearance seemed to have become younger for several seconds before looking like a 24 year old again.

She brushed her thick black hair back over her shoulders, slipping her hands inside her hair she tightened her sky bue head band around her forehead, thens lipped her hands out to sort out her top an skirt. She hummed to herself as she did this, a beautiful voice, then stooped before smiling at the figure.

#6 Anomalous

Anomalous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:26 AM

The figure took a moment to study Skye. She had to be completely confident in her abilities to be so carefree around someone she didnít know. He also found it odd that she was so giving of her personal information. Especially someone that looked as odd as him. He also wondered what a princess was doing starving out in the middle of no where. Hiding from assassins maybe? In the outfit he was wearing he was surprised that she didnít think he was an assassin and flat out attack him. Maybe she was more caring then she let on.

The figure looked completely relaxed as he stood there watching Skye. She was toying with him. He hated being drawn into little games. But he knew she was making sure he wasnít some kind of threat. Either now or later. After she asked for his name he looked at the moon thinking about how he was going to answer. After he was done he looked directly at her.

ďIf my identity wasnít important I wouldnít wear a mask. For now you can call me Graymalkin. And to answer your question; no I have not heard of Marthara. I am curious as to why a princess is running around alone, in the dark, in a forest, and starving.Ē

#7 Skye Silverstone

Skye Silverstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:12 PM

Skye studied Graymalkin for a short while, her attention span wasn't long before she sat down with her legs crossed, her smiled seemed to vanish and her eyes seemed to fill with sorrow, before she ook that sorrow away. Playing with te blades of grass below she plucked at them, examining each blade with as little interest as if she were doing chores back in Midgar with her friends.

"It's a long story you know..." she said softl, the sorrow returning to her eyes. "It all started when i was 14, i was brought to Shinra to be in SOLDIER, several years kater i fell in love with a man named Zack and became best friends with a man named Sephiroth, my second mentor. Not long after we went to a place called Niblehelm, this is where Zack, Cloud and myself all had to fight Sephiroth, Cloud defeted him and all three of us were captured by Hojo, Professor Hojo - " her grip on the blaes of grass tightened and they seemed to shatter like grass more than be squished. "- he experimented on us, whilst he was doing this i gave birth to Jaxx, he was both mine and Zacks, he was taken back to Marthara. One thing i didn't know was the fact tha Hojo had done something else, all three of use escaped but were hunted down by Shinra's Turks, they killed Zack. Cloud was too il lto fight so i took him to our friends in Midgar before going back home to Marthara for a short while. There i gave birth to a little girl named Ryoku, Reno's child. This was the experiment in Hojo had done to me."

She stopped for a second and sniffed a tear away, she stood and turned, wrapping her arms around herself she stred out into the sunrise, sorrow now taking over the whole of her face. She continued.

"I couldn't believe what Hojo had done, but i just couldn't get over Zack's death. I vowed to kill Hojo and Sephiroth. IT WAS THEIR FAULT!-" she went quiet knowing whyshe had shouted in dispair she continued in a soft tone of voice. "-I returned to check up on cloud several years later when my children had become older, i left them at home, I returned to Cloud just in time. I helped him and out friends fight Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo. Kadaj was a reminant of Sephiroth, he changed and i was too scared to fight him, i still had, no have, feeling for Sephiroth......" there seemed to be some sort of dark yet sorrowful atmosphere around Skye, her black hair and clothing wafting in the breeze which had now arrved. "Cloud defeated them all, he went into the lifstream himself and Aeris, she kept him alive, she is n the lifestream - Sephiroth killed her too. I also went with Cloud into the lifestream and Aeris too kept me alive and sent us back, whilst there we saw Zack. Zack told me to stop being fll of sorrow,he was OK and he will keep me and the children safe.... We woke up from death and ever since was living in Midgar with them all, my children are there too.." She broke into a smile. "I... i came out here to find something, myself i'm guessing but Zack,he had dropped something whilst we were running from Shinra and the Turks, but there is nothing here so Zack musn't have dropped anything."

She took a few steps sideways on the edge of te lake, she dipped the toe of her boot into the clearwater, makng it ripple below, the lilly pads bobbing up and down ad though surfing.

"I must have come out here to find answers for myself, I'm not running from assassins or whatever yo uthink i am. They couldn't capture me if they wanted too; my Guardians and my Angel, he - they would destory whom ever ame after me.. " Skye seemed confident within herself and turned slightly, looking over her shoulder with a sorrowful yet eased look on her face.

#8 Anomalous

Anomalous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:33 AM

As Graymalkin listened to her story he watched the sun rise. It was always more beautiful in the country since it wasnít corrupted by pollution and buildings. Unfortunately it lost itís luster since heís been watching them by himself for years now.

Graymalkin stopped watching the sunrise and looked at skye at the mention of the name Zack. He found it interesting that he also knew a Zack once. Not the same guy she was talking about. He was the guardian of elements or something. A group including Zack and his brother have been on a lot of adventures before. They have faced many evils but we always came through. Unfortunately he never heard from them again after their last adventure. They just seemed to of disappeared.

Graymalkin listened to her entire story. Nothing like that ever happened to him so he couldnít sympathize with her. And because of that he didnít know what to say. If he should say anything at all. However, they both seemed to have something in common. Closure. They both were looking for closure to there pasts. However Graymalkin believed he wouldnít find it anytime soon. He knew the pain of losing loved ones. Since he was directly responsible for their deaths he took it upon himself to find a way fix his mistakes.

ďIt seems that you found some kind of closure. What do you plan on doing now?.Ē

#9 Skye Silverstone

Skye Silverstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:22 AM

Skye had lost herself in comeplete silence as she watched the sunrise, it was almost over, but it continued to linger just for her, she remembered when she used to watch the rays fo the sunrise cast themselves upon Zack's face as he slept.

"Huh?" she was caught off guard by Graymalkin's question. "Closure? Oh yeah -" she chortled at herself and rubbed her arms, the breeze was cld and she had no sleeves or anythign to wrap around her. "- Well i'm not entirely sure about what to do, i know everything about my past it's just, i need answers, i'm not sure what about but i sure as hell know that i need them..." her voice drifted off as her attention was ceased by something moving on the waters surface.

A reflection of someone or something maybe? She placed one of her feet behind her, not taking her gaze from the sunrise, she was watching the reflection in the corner of her eyes; slowly he drew her sword, it was long but agile and strong. She took a step closer and slightly raised her sword, quickly so that it was barely seen she lunged her sword into the water and drew it back out and sheathed it back into her sash. Blood filled part of the water, kneeling down she plunged her hand into the water, gripping whatever it was that she had killed she heaved it out with great ease. Water splashed and dripped from her arm and, in her hand was an enormous fish, it looked different, it looked more lizardy than anything else, like a small dragon crossed with a fish.

"A... A Chilfo.." She muttered in surprise. "This is a Martharian Fish, not a Midgar one... What the hell is it doing here?!" she examined the fish before placing it on the bank. "Poor thing, i didn't mean too..... These are magical, they grow into enormous Dragon like creatures. I've never killed one before..." Standing up she whispered some words in a foreign tongue then gracefully she twisted and turned her hand in the air above it. It shimmered in sparkling beautiful lights then slowly it seemed to vanish. "Sa Du No Mono.." she said, it was Martharian.

#10 Anomalous

Anomalous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

Graymalkin was a bit surprised when she drew her weapon. He hadnít felt any hostility in the area. However in a swift movement she slew her target. He was surprised at the craftsmanship of the weapon. He figured something of that size would have a structural weakness near the top of the hilt. Apparently the sword was an exception. Though devastating in midrange combat he figured it would lose most of itís effectiveness if a person got in close. Of course the trick was getting close. And if she was a true warrior then she would have some other abilities to compensate for that shortcoming.

Graymalkin watched her reach her hand into the water and pull out a fish. If she hadnít send it to wherever it came from, lifestream, gaia, or whatever, he could have scaled and eaten it. But he dallied around long enough. He had somewhere he needed to be and if he didnít leave now he was going to be late.

ďI need to depart. If fate has it then we may meet again. Take care.Ē With that he turned and started to walk away.

#11 Night4All

Night4All

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:51 AM

ooc: Sorry to intrude into your RP but since this is a RP it should be in the RP Section, not the Sparring Arena.

#12 Skye Silverstone

Skye Silverstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

ooc: yeah but you know there are not other rp's there and they're all here so i put it here 4.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skye watched Greymalkin begin to walk away, she raised a hand and began to wave

"See you around!" she shouted back after him.

Turning back to the water she plunged her hand into the now warming water, feeling around she came across omething slimey, pulling it out it was a normal fish. There wasn't just one though, there were two, she croushd back down and placed one behind her on the bank ,it flipp and flopped around. Standing up and still grasping the other fish she towards Greymalkin

"Heads up!" she shouted and threw the fish, giving a smile as i glided through the air to be caught by Greymalkin

#13 Anomalous

Anomalous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:36 AM

Graymalkin did a half turn and caught both the fish. He didnít do anything fancy since he wasnít much of a show off. He didnít say anything, but instead nodded to her and kept walking. When he knew he was far enough away to not be seen he lifted the fish and they burst into flames. Within moments the flames went out and he lifted his mask just enough so he could eat. They might have been a bit over done but he thought they tasted alright. Since he was running late they would have to sustain him for awhile since he was he was going to rather busy this morning. After he was finished he took off running and disappeared into the next town.

#14 Skye Silverstone

Skye Silverstone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:06 PM

"You're welcome...." Skye said sarcastically as she crouched down and splashed water on her face.

Feeling refreshed she began to make her way back to Midgar, through the slight bit of forest then to the cliff where Zack's Buster Sword had been stabbed into the ground. Walking up to it she placed a hand on the very top of the hilt, then placed a finger on the end, rubbing it against the edges. She stared at it then looked around the cliff top, the images came back.

The day was warm, Zack and Skye had lifted Cloud from the yellow pickup.
Zack had been injured when the Turks shot at Cloud from a helicopter not too long ago, he moved Cloud himself, Skye following, keeping an eye on them both. The Turks and some SOLDIER troops came, they had guns. Zack told them both to run but Skye wouldn't leave him and Cloud was too ill to move without help. It happened all too fast, they's gunned Zack down and killed him, they left Cloud to die. Skye was the only one left, enfuriated she turned on the SOLDIER troops and killed them all mercilessly, she attatcked the Turks but they got away in the Helicopter. She cried when she saw Zack, he was her one true love and they killed him, he hated them but she was too upset to go after them. Doubling over Zack's dead body she wept for a while, gathering her thoughts back together she turned to Cloud who seemed to be better. Taking Zack's arm she hoisted him up, before placing him down again near Cloud, her faces streamed with tears. Giving Cloud Zack's Buster Sword he stood and stabbed it into the ground to look out at Midgar. Together, althouh Cloud still needed help, they went to Midgar and buried Zack.

A Tear ran down Skye's face, she still missed Zack, wiping it away she sniffed up and cleared her thoughts again. raising two fingers up to her lips she kissed them then placed the two fingers on the hilt of the sword. She walked away slowly, her loose clothing and lone black hair flapping in the wind as she moved. Her bike was still where she had left it, swining her leg over and turning the key in the ignitions she reved the engine and set off across the wastelane where Cloud had first encounter Yazzo and Loz not too long ago. Dust billlowing out from the wheels she turned into Midgar, halting to a stop outside of a large bulding she turned off the bikes engine and dismounted the bike and stepped inside the building.

"No Cloud, No Tifa, My kids aren't even here...." Skye said to herself, the bar, Tifa's bar was empty. "Reno?! Jaxx!? Ryoku?!... ooooK......" She made her way upstairs, she was tired and needed some sleep.

Going to her own bedroom, she was living there for a short while, she lay down on her bed and closed her eyes, it was her own fault no one was here when she got home, she was out all night. Quickly she drifted away to sleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users