72 replies to this topic

#1 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:13 AM

I don't know if there's been a topic like this before, but I was just wondering what everyone's opinions about this subject were. Do you believe in life after death? Or do you think when we die, that's it? I've wondered about this alot...any comments are welcome...

#2 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:38 AM

Hmm... I believe I would be classified as one of the folk who believe we die, and that's it.

#3 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 06:07 AM

I like to think we go to Heaven...(I believe in God) but I just can't understand the thought of spending eternity there...it's all seems very strange...

#4 masterblacktop

masterblacktop

Gone With the rain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:26 PM

will if you belive in god go here to my topic http://www.spynets.c...?showtopic=9854

#5 The J-Man

The J-Man

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

I think there is a life after we die, becuase think about, something had to make that one cell that started it all, and I think that person (God), has someware to put us when we die.(heaven)

#6 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:29 PM

I know this is pretty stupid but I belive in re incarnation... I dunno if everyone has but I hav had dreams where I am animals and I think that its my past forms..

#7 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(Mike! @ Oct 17 2005, 10:29 AM) View Post

I know this is pretty stupid but I belive in re incarnation... I dunno if everyone has but I hav had dreams where I am animals and I think that its my past forms..

Re-incarnation could be possible I guess...do you mean that you think people could die and come back as other people or as animals?

#8 Tundra142

Tundra142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:15 PM

I think we go to heaven, then eventually maybe re-encarnate as something-or-another

#9 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(BreakTheReflection @ Sep 26 2005, 09:07 PM) View Post

I like to think we go to Heaven...(I believe in God) but I just can't understand the thought of spending eternity there...it's all seems very strange...

Yeah, an enternity in heaven seems a little ho hum, even if you spend it in rapture with god and such

#10 J-Christ

J-Christ

Sasquatch

• Games Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:38 AM

We never permanently die. We just float about in The Whole General Sort of Mish-Mash, until both the Question and Answer are known in the same galaxy. Then everything is remade, though slightly crazier than before.

Either that, or jack squat. Nothing. Zip. Nada. End of the line, buckos.

#11 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 04:46 AM

That depresses me to imagine that just being it when we die...I want to go on...(wow that last part sounded kinda like a Celine Dion song...)haha

#12 J-Christ

J-Christ

Sasquatch

• Games Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:00 PM

That's the reason people believe in an afterlife. It is nearly impossible for the human mind to encompass not being, not existing.

#13 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE(J-Christ @ Oct 18 2005, 04:00 PM) View Post

That's the reason people believe in an afterlife. It is nearly impossible for the human mind to encompass not being, not existing.

It doesn't depress you though to think of not being able to exist?

#14 Satone

Satone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:05 AM

Reincarnation is believed to be a form of the afterlife in a few religions. I think Buddhism practices such a belief, but I may be wrong.

As per JC's philosophy, it seems like it would be the most logical. I am Christian, but not a devout believer in the faith. Sure, I believe in a Heaven, but it's hard to say who goes to it and who falls short of His glory.

There are several logical explanations, and here is just a thought to ponder:

If we ascend to Heaven, are we all equal, as we are "supposed" to be on earth? Is there a sort of system to ascend to higher levels of Heaven? Wouldn't there have to be with beings such as archangels?

It's just odd to me in believing that there is a Heaven where everyone will live in peace for eternity. My mind just can't rely on that given information. It seems too good to be true, but that's got a lot to do with my living here on this earth. Things aren't as good as they may sound or appear...

#15 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(BreakTheReflection @ Oct 17 2005, 07:43 PM) View Post

Re-incarnation could be possible I guess...do you mean that you think people could die and come back as other people or as animals?

Both, its a matter of chance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users