15 replies to this topic

#1 Sora-Trinity-

Sora-Trinity-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:26 AM

Do you think that it could've been possible for Samurai's, Roman Soldiers, Gladiators alike, to have special powers. Powers like the ability to control some sort of magical ability or anything. Or maybe strength to dispatch MAJOR warriors and enemies. What do you think it would be? Major training? Mutation in the genes? Magic? Or powers bestowed on them by Gods.

#2 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:48 PM

I think that they were just like us, except trained to fight from birth
What makes you think they have powers?

#3 Satone

Satone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:47 PM

I think the way we perceive them is out of myth and legend. I don't think they were as "awesome" as our generation makes them out to be. Anything that happened to them, I believe, was out of instinct and the amount of training they had. Like Mike! pointed out, a lot of their lives were dedicated to military training.

I think a lot of it had to do with luck as well, much like it is today. One is "lucky" if they survive a day in war-stricken Iraq, and one is "unlucky" if killed by an enemy in Iraq today.

I think giving normal human beings powers bestowed by some higher being is like saying that the higher being plays favorites. I'll elaborate more, but I've got to head out.

#4 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:23 AM

S-T, I think you were on something when you created this topic XP
Either that, or I didn't understand it the way you meant it to be understood.

#5 Guest_tzobell_*

Guest_tzobell_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:40 AM

everyone knows that roman soldgiers knew how weild black magic!

no, but really, how would they have special powers. They were just trained realy well.

#6 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE(tzobell @ Nov 8 2005, 10:40 PM)  

everyone knows that roman soldgiers knew how weild black magic!
no, but really, how would they have special powers. They were just trained realy well.

Sometimes people are so good at what they do, that it can seem like they have some sort of magical power...I don't know though...

#7 Sora-Trinity-

Sora-Trinity-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE(BreakTheReflection @ Nov 9 2005, 07:18 AM)  

Sometimes people are so good at what they do, that it can seem like they have some sort of magical power...I don't know though...

Good point. And also, I believe some people were bestowed with certain powers. Weither it were by gods, or by training.

#8 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:03 AM

I don't think there's much documented evidence of this

#9 Sora-Trinity-

Sora-Trinity-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:39 PM

There isn't any documented evidence of the "big bang" but people still follow that like a religon.

#10 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:19 PM

Actually there is a lot of evidence for the big bang, that has been documented. Like the fact that most of the empty space in the universe is at a warm n' cozy 3 Kelvin, when it should be at absolute zero. And other such things.

Anyways, I think it's a stretch comparing a scientific theory with this, but that may be just me.

#11 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(Sora-Trinity- @ Nov 9 2005, 07:39 PM)  

There isn't any documented evidence of the "big bang" but people still follow that like a religon.

Actually, people do not follow it like a religion
People in a religion have a completely different prospective. They believe that instead of chance that exploded an atom creating the big bang, it was God. Scientists believe that it was fluke that the atom exploded and the universe was created

#12 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2005 - 10:47 PM

I think S-T is saying that they have a lot of faith in it, like how religious folk have a lot of faith in their religion.

#13 Sora-Trinity-

Sora-Trinity-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 03:25 AM

Thank you for clearing that up for me E.

#14 Lord of Nukes

Lord of Nukes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:18 PM

A lot of adrenaline and the knowledge that you'll die painfully if you screw up once will do wonders for anyone during a fight.

#15 Batman

Batman

Everything I say is right.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:07 AM

I agree with Mike and Satone on this one. The only soldiers with special abilities are The Small Soldiers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users