249 replies to this topic

#31 ACEfanatic02

ACEfanatic02

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE(BreakTheReflection @ Dec 16 2005, 09:26 PM) View Post

I believe your brain stores information and your mind replays in dreams but I also believe that dreams can tell you something about the future...or even the past...I've heard of people having dreams about possible past lives...

I'm not crazy..I'm just interested in weird stuff...haha

It only seems like your dreams replay the day because that is the easiest information for your brain to use to reconcile the various neuron firings.

Myself, I rarely have dreams like that... at least, not ones that I remember.

Which is another thing - once you're awake, if you try to remember the details of a dream (especially after a half hour or so) your brain will tweak the dream so it makes sense.

On the subject of clarivoyent dreams: I think it's BS. I've experienced deja vu myself from a dream in the past, but only because it was vauge and fit a whole range of possiblities.

@Sephiroth: Your brain does the sorting out of information as it comes in. You still remember being yelled at the next day, correct? Yet, ten minutes after you pass a car on the road, you can't remember it's licence number (unless you decided it was important) even though you saw it. Memory is not 'thrown away' in your dreams. REM sleep does assist in moving important information into long-term memory, but that's not it's true function. (REM's true use is to eliminate fatigue toxins from the bloodstream and rest the concious mind)

Wow... long post.

-ACE

#32 BigWhitey

BigWhitey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:00 PM

[quote name='Sora-Trinity-' date='Nov 16 2005, 10:58 AM' post='164947']
Naw. I die alot in my dreams

but i have alot of weird dreams i die meet new people dream up relationships and most of them came tru freaky i know

#33 Iroquois Pliskin

Iroquois Pliskin

NW's Sexiest Male 07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:52 AM

Has anyone ever had this, the other night I had a dream i found out my dad was some crazed, deformed mutant dude (played too much condemned probably) and when I woke up my dad was in my room askin me about somethin or other but i reckon i was still not out of the dream cos everythin else in my room was normal and i knew i was awake but the image of the mutant was like imprinted over my dad and it took me a couple of minutes to get rid of it. i dont know if i was still dreamin or what but my dad reckons i just sat there starin at him for ages before sayin 'oh f*%$'. blink.gif

#34 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE(Iroquois Pliskin @ Jan 10 2006, 04:52 PM) View Post

Has anyone ever had this, the other night I had a dream i found out my dad was some crazed, deformed mutant dude (played too much condemned probably) and when I woke up my dad was in my room askin me about somethin or other but i reckon i was still not out of the dream cos everythin else in my room was normal and i knew i was awake but the image of the mutant was like imprinted over my dad and it took me a couple of minutes to get rid of it. i dont know if i was still dreamin or what but my dad reckons i just sat there starin at him for ages before sayin 'oh f*%$'. blink.gif

That must've felt strange...I've never heard of anything like that before...

#35 Iroquois Pliskin

Iroquois Pliskin

NW's Sexiest Male 07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE(BreakTheReflection @ Jan 11 2006, 02:49 AM) View Post

That must've felt strange...I've never heard of anything like that before...

Yeah...i was probably dreaming. Still normally when i have a nightmare i can consciously force my eyes open to end it so i don't know why i didn't do that. 4.gif

#36 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

I believe this alot... sad.gif 2 days ago i had so me starnge dream..i was in an area completely white and all i saw was a symbol glowing yellow.I checked out dreammoods.com and it said thta if you see a symbol you cant make out something bads gonna happen cry2.gif Yesterday i left my house for few i come back and some guy died outdie my house blink.gif . I had that saME DREAM YESTERDAY BUT IT WAS SHINING GREEN THIS TIME THINK IT MEANS ANYTH9NG unsure.gif

#37 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(Jean @ Jan 11 2006, 01:28 PM) View Post

I believe this alot... sad.gif 2 days ago i had so me starnge dream..i was in an area completely white and all i saw was a symbol glowing yellow.I checked out dreammoods.com and it said thta if you see a symbol you cant make out something bads gonna happen cry2.gif Yesterday i left my house for few i come back and some guy died outdie my house blink.gif . I had that saME DREAM YESTERDAY BUT IT WAS SHINING GREEN THIS TIME THINK IT MEANS ANYTH9NG unsure.gif

Wait...I don't really understand...did you say someone DIED outside your house?

#38 Iroquois Pliskin

Iroquois Pliskin

NW's Sexiest Male 07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

thats what i thought. that is bad.

#39 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:05 PM

My last dream was about trying to surivive if my town was hit by a tornado, it was wierd, me and my mates (Imax if you read this, yes you were there) Were stuck inside this massive house and I had to shoot rabbits for us to survive blink.gif It was pretty scary in a strange way

#40 Iroquois Pliskin

Iroquois Pliskin

NW's Sexiest Male 07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(Mike! @ Jan 11 2006, 09:05 PM) View Post

My last dream was about trying to surivive if my town was hit by a tornado, it was wierd, me and my mates (Imax if you read this, yes you were there) Were stuck inside this massive house and I had to shoot rabbits for us to survive blink.gif It was pretty scary in a strange way

Usually the weird ones are the scariest. i think dreams of survival are particularly scary cos they're more likely to happen than being chased by zombies...maybe.

#41 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE(Mike! @ Jan 11 2006, 03:05 PM) View Post

Sounds wild...lately my dreams are slow and boring...at least you weren't bored in yours...haha

#42 Jean

Jean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:49 PM

Not outside like font door..i mjean like in front of gate. Also i had this really weird rdream trust me i send an email to them to see what it meant.

#43 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:34 PM

I had a scary dream last night, could call it a nightmare, what do you use to translate your dream?

#44 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(Mike! @ Jan 12 2006, 03:34 PM) View Post

I had a scary dream last night, could call it a nightmare, what do you use to translate your dream?

I use this website:

DreamMoods.com

#45 Iroquois Pliskin

Iroquois Pliskin

NW's Sexiest Male 07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:49 PM

I've just been on dreammoods.com and discovered i'm angry and hostile, an emotional threat to myself and others, i am also dead inside, impure, have misfortune and grief in my future, I have hidden aggression and conflict with dominant females. Yeh things are looking just great... yes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users