6 replies to this topic

#1 InuYasha

InuYasha

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:00 AM

The State of the Union, I will probably not debate that much in this, but I'm throwing it out there for anyone who wants to.

#2 The Dark Blue

The Dark Blue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:26 AM

Well, what exactly do you want us to debate about?

#3 InuYasha

InuYasha

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:29 AM

The contents- immigration, health care, social security, etc. (It's pretty much dead anyway, but if anyone wants to debate about it- be my guest.)

#4 The Dark Blue

The Dark Blue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:39 AM

Well, I guess I'll play off of immigration. Concerning Mexican immigrants, I guess.How do people feel about that?I think that this supposed to be the land of the free, and we are giving immigrants a totally bad rep.My opinion is that we made them believe that this is a totally a free country with many oppurtunities, a promised land so to speak. Now, I'm not saying that we need an overpopulated country full of immigrants, but everyone deserves a fair chance.

#5 Night4All

Night4All

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:40 AM

I'm still confused at what you want us to debate about -.- ... Care to explain a little more?

Edit: Hmm, well about immigrants... It is true that we are giving a false image of a totally free country but that image was given out to the world by us Americans ages ago. As time change, so does policies and images. A example would be the status of Hong Kong. It was previously under the control of a non-Asian country. After some time, its status changed and now its part of China again. The point is that things change as time goes by. Nothing will remain the same forever and the US is no exception. I agree that everyone deserve a chance but do we really have the economic or social condition to fully open ourselves to immigration? A example would be the Iraq war. We are so fully emerged in the war of Iraq in the middle east, we hardly have enough attention to the things happening around the US back in America. Can we and are we able to deal with the problem of not allowing or restricting immigration at this specific time?

#6 The Dark Blue

The Dark Blue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE(Night4All @ Feb 7 2007, 06:40 PM) View Post
I'm still confused at what you want us to debate about -.- ... Care to explain a little more?

Umm. dude, I just wrote that whole piece^ about this topic to set it off

#7 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE(InuYasha @ Jan 24 2007, 05:00 PM) View Post
The State of the Union, I will probably not debate that much in this, but I'm throwing it out there for anyone who wants to.

*blinks*

So.. you're making a topic that you're not really interested in, but are going to post anyways?

I'm sure that if someone really wanted to debate about the address, they wouldn't just be sitting around waiting for you to make a topic about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users