132 replies to this topic

#16 ACEfanatic02

ACEfanatic02

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE(Iroquois Pliskin @ Feb 4 2007, 09:34 PM) View Post
And actually it is a defect...and y'see Bryan not all gay people get with gays...no Bryan, some of them marry and reproduce.

There are some genetic triggers involved, but for the most part, its a social condition.

As for marrying and reproducing, I'd say that's a damn good argument that they aren't gay.

-ACE

#17 Iroquois Pliskin

Iroquois Pliskin

NW's Sexiest Male 07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:44 AM

So...you're saying you don't know anyone that's left a family because they're gay. Well it happens. Homosexuality can be caused by a lacking or varied amount of x and y chromosomes. The allele is not necessarily recessive or dominant but it does pass down from generation to generation.

#18 RubberDuck32

RubberDuck32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE(ACEfanatic02 @ Feb 4 2007, 09:30 PM) View Post
The only argument against is bigotry. Considering that argument is based on the lack of logic, I don't think there's anything to debate about here.

You know for being such an anti-bigot, you act a lot like them sometimes. You don't need to tear up people's opinions just because you don't agree with them.

QUOTE(Iroquois Pliskin @ Feb 4 2007, 09:34 PM) View Post

And actually it is a defect...and y'see Bryan not all gay people get with gays...no Bryan, some of them marry and reproduce. And a mother teaches a daughter how to be a woman.

He's exactly right

QUOTE(ACEfanatic02 @ Feb 4 2007, 09:41 PM) View Post
There are some genetic triggers involved, but for the most part, its a social condition.

If it is social, then kids adopted by gays could be made gay. Thats almost the same as reproduction.
That kind of influence isn't natural and shouldn't be allowed.

QUOTE(Iroquois Pliskin @ Feb 4 2007, 09:44 PM) View Post
Homosexuality can be caused by a lacking or varied amount of x and y chromosomes. The allele is not necessarily recessive or dominant but it does pass down from generation to generation.

We talked about it in bio last year, he's correct it can be passed on.

#19 ACEfanatic02

ACEfanatic02

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE(Iroquois Pliskin @ Feb 4 2007, 09:44 PM) View Post
So...you're saying you don't know anyone that's left a family because they're gay. Well it happens.

How is that at all different from someone leaving a family just because they decide they don't love the person they married?
Homosexuality can be caused by a lacking or varied amount of x and y chromosomes. The allele is not necessarily recessive or dominant but it does pass down from generation to generation.
Erm, no.

The biological triggers have to do with the hormonal levels in the mother's bloodstream during pregnancy and birth. (An imbalance in estrogen/testosterone levels.)
If it is social, then kids adopted by gays could be made gay. Thats almost the same as reproduction.
That kind of influence isn't natural and shouldn't be allowed.

Right. And straight people NEVER raise gay kids. Of course not.

Who are YOU to decide what's 'natural'? Homosexuality has been expressed in other species as well. It happens. Hell, it could be a natural form of population control.

I hate it when people get this 'holier than thou' idea that they can tell others how to run their lives. It leads to some very nasty circumstances. (See: genocide, Inquisition, Dark Ages.)

If someone gets wet/erect over someone else of the same sex, who cares? Honestly, this is not the sort of thing that should concern us.

-ACE

#20 Plesekillme

Plesekillme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:42 AM

who wants to bet that with all the stuff Iroquois Pliskin knows, that IP is a closet homosexual and is trying to cover it with all the anit-gayism

#21 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE(Plesekillme @ Feb 4 2007, 11:42 PM) View Post
who wants to bet that with all the stuff Iroquois Pliskin knows, that IP is a closet homosexual and is trying to cover it with all the anit-gayism

Yeah, we really don't need any of that.

And ACE, if nothing IP said makes him right, then nothing you say would make you right. There is no right or wrong answer to this, only differences in opinions. And that is why it is debated.

#22 Plesekillme

Plesekillme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE(Vintage @ Feb 5 2007, 07:28 AM) View Post
Yeah, we really don't need any of that.

And ACE, if nothing IP said makes him right, then nothing you say would make you right. There is no right or wrong answer to this, only differences in opinions. And that is why it is debated.

you see kid this a slap to the face just for attention

and opposed to your post modern idea that everbody can be right when tested to their limits are proven wrong
Here is your example.

A person stands at a wall
they believe this wall isn't there, and i mean really really really beieve it.
They back up and then run full speed at this wall
and they hit the wall and break their nose.

There is a wall there, if you don't belive me find a wall and believe it dosn't exist then run at it.

There is truth.

so two gay people wanna a raise a kid are you going to deny them,
what dose a kid care, the kid raised in a orphinage then kicked out at 18 because of the system that is more likely to suck more then being raise by a gay couple.

#23 Plesekillme

Plesekillme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:40 AM

double post crep

#24 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(Plesekillme @ Feb 5 2007, 12:39 AM) View Post
you see kid this a slap to the face just for attention

and opposed to your post modern idea that everbody can be right when tested to their limits are proven wrong
Here is your example.

A person stands at a wall
they believe this wall isn't there, and i mean really really really beieve it.
They back up and then run full speed at this wall
and they hit the wall and break their nose.

There is a wall there, if you don't belive me find a wall and believe it dosn't exist then run at it.

There is truth.

so two gay people wanna a raise a kid are you going to deny them,
what dose a kid care, the kid raised in a orphinage then kicked out at 18 because of the system that is more likely to suck more then being raise by a gay couple.

Wow...

...Please try making more sense while debating. Thank you.

I never said that everybody can be right. And if I were in charge, yes, I would deny them. The point is that there will never be a solid right or wrong answer to this.

#25 BreakTheReflection

BreakTheReflection

Sylvia Plath

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:29 AM

I don't really see it as natural for two men or two woman to raise children together, but there's alot of different types of couples out there raising children. No one's family is perfect. If a homosexual couple is raising children, and as long as they're being loved and taken care of and not hurting them, then other people should just leave them alone.

#26 Iroquois Pliskin

Iroquois Pliskin

NW's Sexiest Male 07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE(ACEfanatic02 @ Feb 5 2007, 03:25 AM) View Post
How is that at all different from someone leaving a family just because they decide they don't love the person they married?

^Because they have children that pass on the alleles

Erm, no.

The biological triggers have to do with the hormonal levels in the mother's bloodstream during pregnancy and birth. (An imbalance in estrogen/testosterone levels.)

Yes Bryan, what you've said is correct but there's a bigger picture

Right. And straight people NEVER raise gay kids. Of course not.

Who are YOU to decide what's 'natural'? Homosexuality has been expressed in other species as well. It happens. Hell, it could be a natural form of population control.

I hate it when people get this 'holier than thou' idea that they can tell others how to run their lives. It leads to some very nasty circumstances. (See: genocide, Inquisition, Dark Ages.)

If someone gets wet/erect over someone else of the same sex, who cares? Honestly, this is not the sort of thing that should concern us.

Who are you to decide? Bryian you're the only one with a holier than thou attitude

-ACE

As for you "Plesekillme"...this is a debate forum...but with comments such as yours I'd be happy to kick your head against a curb if you'd like. You don't have to be homosexual to know science you ignorant prick.

#27 resist

resist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

Everyone should mind their own business and stay out of others lives. Who cares if they aren't straight? Who cares if they want a child? They're human too.

#28 Batman

Batman

Everything I say is right.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(ACEfanatic02 @ Feb 5 2007, 02:30 AM) View Post
Oh, piss off.
Homosexuality wouldn't be an issue if the Religious 'Right' didn't make it one.

Y'see, they can't reproduce. So passing on a 'genetic defect' (which, by the way, it is NOT) would be impossible.

Tell me, what can a woman tell her daughter that her father cannot? How to get guys? Well, if the dad's gay...
The only argument against is bigotry. Considering that argument is based on the lack of logic, I don't think there's anything to debate about here.

-ACE

1. Don't swear
2. IP is eighteen, he knows about reproduction

QUOTE(Plesekillme @ Feb 5 2007, 04:42 AM) View Post

3. Don't make a fake account/ get a friend to join just because IP owned you in this argument and a few others.
I think you need to stop taking these debates so seriously Bryan, as resist said too, don't get people's personal lives involved.

IP is not the sort of person to cover up being a homosexual, unlike someone we know Bryan.

#29 Iroquois Pliskin

Iroquois Pliskin

NW's Sexiest Male 07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:28 PM

The gay adoption is just so wrong. Homosexuals cannot raise children properly and safely, I'm not saying they'll abuse them...I'm just saying two men cannot teach a boy or girl a normal life. They need a mother and a father.

Another thing, kids do care what happens to them, who they're with. I've been that kid my entire life so I know exactly what I'm talking about.

#30 metroid_dragon

metroid_dragon

☢ Doomed Utopia Theorem ☢ (Law of Zeal)

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

I used to be against gay marriage and adoption much more than I am now, right now I couldn't care less if marriage was allowed, in fact, I do slightly support it. Just don't expect me to attend any rallies or anything.

My main beef with gays is that there has been a suitable solution to the marriage problem put on the table but the homosexuals refused even that. That solution is legal unions. It would offer all the same legal rights and everything else that marriage offers, just under a different name. This should make both sides happy as the religious ones get to keep their marriage (which technically is their domain) within their ideals, and homosexuals still get all the benefits of a normal marriage.

Still, aside from that fact I support gay marriage. However, adoption is still something I'm on the fence about. Whether you want to admit it or not, being raised by two gay parents will make a child's life much harder. Think of the schoolground reprocutions alone. People were singled out and made fun of daily, had little friends, ect, simply because of unfounded sayings that people were gay or because they were a little weird. My elementary school was a battlefield, and high school wasn't much better. If this kid brought any friends home, and it was found out he had two gay parents, the social repercussions would be life changing. And don't give me any crap about changing the other kids to be more accepting, because that's just a dream, young kids will always single out the different, just as bad if not much worse than some of the worst adults. It's not possible to socially condition kids to be different over short periods of time, maybe in a generation or two be can start to have a significant change to that, but 40 years or so is a long time to wait.

I don't care at all about possibilities of those kids becoming gay themselves, but kid being raised by two dads or moms would have a major impact on his life.

QUOTE(Iroquois Pliskin @ Feb 5 2007, 01:01 AM) View Post
As for you "Plesekillme"...this is a debate forum...but with comments such as yours I'd be happy to kick your head against a curb if you'd like. You don't have to be homosexual to know science you ignorant prick.

This is where I wished I saved that .GIF from the curb stomp in American History X.

*looks around*

We'll, I found a youtube clip.

*warning - video may be inappropriate for most audiences.*
http://www.youtube.c...w...ted&search=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users