trigunkilla

FOR PONY!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

i think two things of people that kill themselfs
1. wow that took balls.
2. good. i hope they dont have kids i dont want their genes passed on.

#17 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:29 AM

Mental illness aside, suicide is just selfish. When someone kills their self, the only people that suffer are their family and everyone else that loved them. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

#18 Batman

Batman

Everything I say is right.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(Eraserhead @ Apr 17 2007, 08:29 AM) View Post
Mental illness aside, suicide is just selfish. When someone kills their self, the only people that suffer are their family and everyone else that loved them. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

That my friend is very true.
I mean we all feel depressed when bad things happen, I felt depressed when a girl I liked got a boyfriend, I thought there would never be anyone I could love as much- went to college and am almost going out with the best girl I have ever met who is far better in every way. The girl who rejected me means nothing now, basically there is always someone else out there so as EraserHead said- that for me, was a temporary problem (I didn't consider suicide because I'm not pathetic.)

#19 The Dark Blue

The Dark Blue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE(Eraserhead @ Apr 16 2007, 11:29 PM) View Post

Wow, I was going to go off and defend suicide and say how it's their right and choice, but that line TOTALLY changed the way I feel about it(congrats, u won me over). But what if the person is suffering, for instance being tortured for years and years with no hope of escape, and suddenly you catch a break and see a loaded gun with one bullet left. What would you do then? Is that even considered suicide? I mean, the bible says that suicide is a direct route to hell, but what kind of god wouldn't want someone's suffering to end?

#20 Harvey Two Face

Harvey Two Face

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 07:53 PM

God is narrow minded. You can't even ejaculate since it's a sin. What are we meant to do. Read page 3 without a stiffy.

I think everyone thinks of suicide as being the easy way out. We never actually do it though, because we subconciously know that there's a way around it. I think suicide is the best option when there is no way around something. Even if it's the cowards way out, who could possibly choose to endure torture to die at the end of it, you may as well take the easy option and instantly get it over with.

#21 Maester Seymour

Maester Seymour

Yes I am an eccentric person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (metroid_dragon @ Feb 13 2007, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Suicide is a cowards way out, plain and simple. Life has it's ups and downs, and I don't know of anyone that hasn't thought about it at least once. But life always improves given time if you put in the effort to make it happen, that is a fact. Killing yourself accomplishes nothing and only hurts all those around you, and there are always people that care.

There are friends you can go to, other family, and even if none of those apply (which is extremely doubtful, rather the person just self-deludes themselves to the point they think nobody cares) there are always programs in place to help as well. Reality can be harsh but it's always survivable, and nothing short of protecting others warrants suicide.
I just wanted to mention, (sorry for my lateness) that I myself have witnessed suicide happen to me a few times throughout my lifetime and it was very hard for me to seek help, I first had depression, then it went to suicide. I still feel that way sometimes now. But I know god is watching over us as we write this.

Without him and my loved ones in my life right now, I don't think I would be talking to you guys today.

#22 Azmaria Hendric

Azmaria Hendric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (metroid_dragon @ Feb 13 2007, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Suicide is a cowards way out, plain and simple. Life has it's ups and downs, and I don't know of anyone that hasn't thought about it at least once. But life always improves given time if you put in the effort to make it happen, that is a fact. Killing yourself accomplishes nothing and only hurts all those around you, and there are always people that care.

There are friends you can go to, other family, and even if none of those apply (which is extremely doubtful, rather the person just self-deludes themselves to the point they think nobody cares) there are always programs in place to help as well. Reality can be harsh but it's always survivable, and nothing short of protecting others warrants suicide.

I would totally have to agree with you. I battled suicide for a few years and I was just being cowardly and seeking the easy way out, after thinking about it for a second or two. There was always people to turn too, either it be loved ones or just people in general.

I learned to fight my suicidal urges and my depression through religion and just plain old common sense I think.
It was hard to talk about at first, that had to be the hardest thing I had to do in all my life.
Admit I had depression and that I needed help with coping with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users