• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#16 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:21 PM

There is nothing wrong with a country if it chooses to be efficent. But I guess it shuts the liberals up.

#17 Guest_evanfan1117_*

Guest_evanfan1117_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:25 PM

omg you guys...are you kidding me? We have no priority over special ed people..and the thought of killing off special ed people is ridiculous..

I have a cousin who is autism and he is considered a "special person", "retard", every name in the book for mentally handicapped. But he is probably smarter than me in some areas..just because he can't express what he feels and thinks like we can doesn't mean $%^&*. They can learn, they can be taught to talk to the best of their ablilties, they are humans.. It has been proven that the IQ of most metally "retarded" people are fairly high and some are smarter than your average high school senior.. They have the right to an education and they have the right to be treated just the same as you and me.

With proper education "retards" can do jobs and benefit the community and can overally become more fit in with society..they can do small jobs and can be a value to the community given the chance and the patients of others..

#18 charlie

charlie

I'll be back..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:26 PM

I meant Countries Should please the rest of the world, and let the special kids have rights.

But we should be given a better education, as they arent going to work wonderds, and who knows: we might be the person to invent flying cars, or a new energy-source, or a cure to cancer.

But all the retards do is take up space on the font page of papers.

Peace out from charlie (for now)

#19 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:27 PM

Some minor forms of autism are okay. Hell I have the most minor form of autism yet I still advocate the killing of any useless people. People that arent useless dont need to be killed.

#20 Guest_evanfan1117_*

Guest_evanfan1117_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

but my point is that they aren't useless! They can do things..you make it sound like that just sit there..no movement, can't think, can't feel, and comprehend anything thats going on around them...thats not how "retards" act.

#21 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:30 PM

as I said, I have minor autism, those are not the people im talking about. Im talking bout that retard drooling and screaming occasionally.

#22 Guest_evanfan1117_*

Guest_evanfan1117_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

..thats probably his way of acting out that he understands something..my cousin does that..and it is the only way that they know how to let their feelings and thoughts be known..

#23 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(Naylord @ May 4 2005, 07:09 PM)
The shouldnt even get their own schools, let alone ours, it is a waste of perfectly good resources that could be spent on, I dunno, how bout' effective citizens?

View Post

Alright, what about people who are generally stupid and have no disabilities? Aren’t you going to moan at them too? Why haven’t you? Oh right, they are “normal” under your eyes.

Aren’t they “wasting” public resources too?

The Special Needs people are given a condition that they cannot help. If they had the choice, do you think they would want to live with it? With people like you putting them down wherever they go?

So next time you decide you want to put someone else down, count yourself !@#$ing lucky that you can walk, talk and breathe without any problem, and without some ignorant person putting you down for it.

QUOTE(charlie)
But we should be given a better education, as they arent going to work wonderds, and who knows: we might be the person to invent flying cars, or a new energy-source, or a cure to cancer.

I don't even know where to begin with that.

#24 xRadioxPianox

xRadioxPianox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:51 PM

... I can't believe that this is a serious topic. Just because somebody is mentally handicapped doesn't mean they're not a person. If you advocate the death of someone simply because "they're a burden to society," you better advocate the death of a lot of people.
You say they don't learn anything in school - what about those kids in school that aren't mentally disabled but don't do jack in school? You want to kill them, too? That's ridiculous.
This is what's wrong with society - people have no compassion.

#25 Guest_evanfan1117_*

Guest_evanfan1117_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(_TJ_ @ May 4 2005, 03:17 PM)
Alright, what about people who are generally stupid and have no disabilities? Aren’t you going to moan at them too? Why haven’t you? Oh right, they are “normal” under your eyes.

The Special Needs people are given a condition that they cannot help. If they had the choice, do you think they would want to live with it? With people like you putting them down wherever they go?

So next time you decide you want to put someone else down, count yourself !@#$ing lucky that you can walk, talk and breathe without any problem, and without some ignorant person putting you down for it.

QUOTE(charlie)

I don't even know where to begin with that.

View Post

QUOTE(xRadioxPianox @ May 4 2005, 03:51 PM)
... I can't believe that this is a serious topic. Just because somebody is mentally handicapped doesn't mean they're not a person. If you advocate the death of someone simply because "they're a burden to society," you better advocate the death of a lot of people.
You say they don't learn anything in school - what about those kids in school that aren't mentally disabled but don't do jack in school? You want to kill them, too? That's ridiculous.
This is what's wrong with society - people have no compassion.

View Post

I agree with both of them..just because someone is mentally handicapped or is a "retard" should not mean they shouldn't be treated as an equal human..

#26 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:37 PM

oh god, this is gonna take a bit of time.

first, I believe that retards deserve the right to normal education. But i am absolutly against them getting special treatment. They do not deserve their own special programs or else I believe everyone should be able to get into their own special program as well. It's completly stupid that they have access to education not available to the rest of the public. They should be allowed in normal classes, that way they can still possibly become productive members of sociaty providing they pass their classes.

QUOTE(TJ)

Yes, they are wasting public recources and if they are just being lazy and not trying then they don't deserve an education. At least the restards will still try. people who are lazy will end up probally causing even more of a drain then the retards. incompotent people can become violent and start detracting from other people's productivity, while at least retards keep their unproductivity to themselves.

QUOTE(Piano)

Whatever happens to the retards should also apply to them, if not even worse because they make the decision to be useless.

QUOTE(TJ)
QUOTE(Charlie)
QUOTE(TJ)
What if I said you cannot go to a certain place because of your looks? Or color? Would you like that? No, I didn’t think so either.

Its a different matter

It’s all under one word, Discrimination.

Give me a break, It's a completly different matter. You cannot generalize a specific problem under something so broad as "discrimination". According to your logic all murders should be taken the same, whether someone tortured, raped and then killed a 4 year old girl to someone accidently killing an escaped convict in self defence. Each situation deserves it's specific look and and decisions on how to be approached, you can never just associate all problems in discrimination under a single set of rules.

QUOTE(TJ)
Also, the word “retard” is offensive to some, so I’m going to change the topic title.

Lets see, first they were "retards", then that became offensive so we called them "handicapped", and then that became offensive so we called them "mentally challenged/disabled", and now low and behold people are starting to think that is offensive so we are creating "special needs" How long untill that word is considered offensive? Sociaty shouldn't have to change it's words based on senceless worries about people being offended.

#27 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(metroid_dragon @ May 4 2005, 10:37 PM)
oh god, this is gonna take a bit of time.

Give me a break, It's a completly different matter. You cannot generalize a specific problem under something so broad as "discrimination". According to your logic all murders should be taken the same, whether someone tortured, raped and then killed a 4 year old girl to someone accidently killing an escaped convict in self defence. Each situation deserves it's specific look and and decisions on how to be approached, you can never just associate all problems in discrimination under a single set of rules.

It doesn’t matter how you look at it, it is still unfair treatment and prejudice against a person. At the end of the day, it is called “Discrimination”.

However, your assumption of my logic is incorrect.

QUOTE(MD)
Lets see, first they were "retards", then that became offensive so we called them "handicapped", and then that became offensive so we called them "mentally challenged/disabled", and now low and behold people are starting to think that is offensive so we are creating "special needs" How long untill that word is considered offensive? Sociaty shouldn't have to change it's words based on senceless worries about people being offended.

Well that is Society these days, many people basically get offended over nothing. But, Naylord called Special needed people “Retards”, which as you stated is offensive.

#28 Guest_tzobell_*

Guest_tzobell_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:27 AM

i think they should be allowed to have an education. but some retarted people's illness is so bad that they realy cant learn anything at school, and in the cases where they cant talk and they just drool all day we are basically paying for day care which i dont think is right. If they can learn let them in school, if they cant keep them at home.

#29 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:55 AM

The education system needs a lot of reform.
One place with a great education system is germany. Instead of just highschool, they have both public highschool and university and public tradeschool.
The dumbasses that give no $%^&* about science and want to be tradesmen go to the public tradeschool, and academic people go to regular highschool. People that do well in highschool get to go to university for free. Now that is good education.
If a retard is able to go to a regular classroom with no little helper eating away at our tax dollars and do it on his own, I support him. But every retard I see has some overpaid helper following him around.

#30 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:57 AM

Who changed the topic title?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users