86 replies to this topic

#1 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

Starcraft and FF moderator

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:01 AM

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>WARNING: IF YOU HAVN'T BEATEN BROOD WAR YET DON'T READ THIS... IT HAS A BIG SPOILER. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED...</span>

Alright...

Now, let's get to buisnees shall we? If you beat the 9th level of the zerg mission before 5:00 min you got to play a secret mission. It was about zeratul finding strange signatures on a planet(can't remeber what it was called) anyway as you progessed through the level you saw that Duran (yes that evil son of a bit--- heh heh got a little carried away maybe?) was making a hybrid of protoss and zerg. Yea a hybrid, for the people that doesn't know what i mean, it means he combined a protoss with a zerg.
i have yet to see what this new species looks like. of course Duran just laughs manilacly (of course every evil villian does...) and says he been making these hybrids for months without kerrigan's knowing... Also he's planted these "things" on many different planets.

(whew)

Now in the last mission kerrigan kills (well YOU do but still...) the UED the Terran Dominion and The Protoss. Amdmiral Dugualle kills himself and it ends there.

*takes a gulp of water*

Now, I realize this is screaming a freakin' secuel (arg i can't spell!) and i've looked everywhere for a pic of this 'hybrid' with no avail. So i started this topic to see everyone's opinion...

#2 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:29 AM

Except for fanmail, you're not going to find a pic until Starcraft 2 has actually begun production.

What I want to know is ARE they going to make a Starcraft 2?!

If they don't, what a waste of what was quite possibly one of the best strategy games of all time and the potential it had to be an epic.

#3 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:36 AM

I'll look into it... I had a border who works for the Blizzard. Although i havn't seen him in a while he sometimes brings me stuff for upcoming games! i'll call him up

#4 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:52 AM

Well, I would have to think that they're planning SOMETHING. After all, they did come out with "Ghost Recon" (???) not too long ago.
That's got to mean something. Even if they didn't make it for the PC (grrrrrrrrrrr). angry_smile.gif

#5 udky

udky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 10:13 AM

"Goliat on-line"
"Someone call for an exterminater?"

So, try the alpfa version? You don't know where to find it? No problem. Neither do I! w00t.gif

Keep going maybe they read and do something!! w00t.gif blink.gif

#6 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 05:21 PM

"What is your primary malfunction?"
(I loved clicking a ton on the units. Especially the Wraith Pilot and Protoss Scout.)

So what is Blizzard's primary malfunction? Do they not have the resources to build a game that will be a mega-hit the moment it hits the shelves?
C'mon, the game will pay for itself (no matter WHAT the production cost) within 5 minutes of release. Whoever makes these kind of decisions over there must have gone totally
wacko.gif blink.gif wacko.gif blink.gif wacko.gif blink.gif wacko.gif blink.gif wacko.gif blink.gif

I mean, I can't think of a single reason why they haven't produced a sequel yet.
Can anyone else?

#7 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:02 PM

Not really... I mean the havn't even been hinting us that they're making a sequel that will be on pc... I wonder if Starcraft: Ghost resumes the story...
What's your thoughts about Ghost not being on computor?

#8 Lord

Lord

NuneWorld Admin

• Admin
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:21 PM

Check this topic

#9 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 07:22 PM

Well, I've read the reviews about Starcraft: Ghost Recon and all of them agree: it's not a sequel. It is simply a spin-off.

As for it not appearing no the PC?
I think that was a big mistake. I have no qualms with the game appearing on the console, but they should have built a PC version as well.

#10 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 03:48 AM

What the hell? A spin off you say? But what about the "new species"?
The guys at Blizzard are just going to leave that in the air? ARG!
*throws a mug against the wall* And the worst part it isn;t on PC
*turns into the Green hulk*
Im pissed dry.gif *goes to Aaron festival and has some beers*

#11 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 08:34 AM

psst! That's a "Raeism" festival. Go to the "Robin Williams" topic for a refresher.

I agree! *throws mug*
$%^&*! *Mug still contained beer*
Now I'm really mad that it's not on the PC!

As for the new species, they don't make an appearance. From what I've seen, it's mostly all humans.
Can someone verify that for me?

What do you think a Zerg/Protoss hybrid would look like? dry.gif

#12 Slain_Of_Tomb

Slain_Of_Tomb

• Honored members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 06:21 PM

It's not all humans. I saw a pic of an utlralisk in Gamerz Magazine. It was pretty damn sweet. but what think you? Maybe the 'hybrid' is the final boss?

#13 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:52 AM

Maybe if you're lucky...

But I doubt it. I may not be the final oppinion on the game, but I'm sure we would've heard something if it were the case.

As for the other races appearing in the game... Cool!

Wait a minute ph34r.gif ... !##@$^!%~#!$*@##!$&*#&!#&Y# angry_smile.gif ...it's not on the PC cry_smile.gif

#14 udky

udky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:05 PM

Calm down guys! If you look to the profit they had from Starcraft you'll see that 80% came from PC. wink_smile.gif

Now, with my poor non-financial mind, do you think that they will give-up of this just for the sake of console? Besides, make a ration Consoles vs. PC, Simple, isn't it? 4.gif

Be cool, it's comming "in this life or another" (by the way, do you know from which movie is this?" Maybe we open a Topic with "Movies great quotes" What do you think?) blink.gif

#15 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:08 PM

Oh, I know that Blizzard's biggest money-maker market is the PC audience, but if they haven't ported the game (Starcraft: Ghost Recon) to the PC yet, it's not likely that they ever will.
Now I don't mind pirate software, but I do prefer to get my games legitimately. And when the game is manufactured and designed to run on my PC (and not some emulator I downloaded off the net), I feel much more comfortable that running the game is not going to crash my PC.

And I'm really not all that mad about "Ghost Recon" as I am confused that (as far as we know) Blizzard doesn't have any plans for a Starcraft 2.
I really want to take my protoss Archons out and do some serious bug squishing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users