• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 Sage-X

Sage-X

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 02:10 AM

Definitely, the way Blizzard works on releasing games it won;t be out till atleast late 2006 or early 2007. As for the concern on it not being for PC, just look at the pattern. Every warcraft has been made for pc, every diablo has been made for pc. The only time, THE ONLY TIME blizzard ever made a war strategy game for console was a release of Warcraft II for Playstation, which had both War2 and the expansion, and besides the fact u could select a maximum of 16 units instead of 9, it sucked. Blizzard made almost no profit. THough frustrating to most of us who can't bust out with money whenever a new system comes out, Recon's release to the X-Box wasn't a bad move. X-Box has a lot of capabilities and somewhat good controls (Sony holds the medal for best controller). Hell you can even turn the X-Box into a decent PC if you know how. But now I'm getting off topic. The main point is Blizzard likes to stick to a pattern and Starcraft 2 will be for PC just like its prequel. If you still doubt it think about this. Every War strategy game it has made has been made to be played on battle.net for free (Except War1 and the First release of War2). If blizzard was going to make it for a system it would be X-box, Gamecube controllers are horrible and the PS2 is a RPG system whether u like it or not. And being made for X-box that means paying for X-Box live which inturn means paying for Battle.net which violates the who point of battle.net. Actually come to think of it they'd probably have to make a seperate type of Battle.net strickly for Starcraft 2, which isn't cost efficiant and would prevent conversations between the different gamers on b.net and possible promotion of Starcraft 2. An example would be Halo. Halo is now for PC and X-Box. X-box you gotta fortk out cash for online gaming, PC is free. Also, PC gamers cannot game with the Halo players, so making the PC version kind of pointless.

Bored yet? Well let me throw this last little piece in. Starcraft and Warcraft work best with a keyboard and mouse, hands down. Even if X-Box does or will (not sure at the moment) have a keyboard and mouse it means making Starcraft 2 that much more of a pain in the a** to get. So sit back and relax for a few years, the beta will be here before you know it wink_smile.gif

Oh ya before I forget, as for the Hybrid Zerg/Protoss this is certain, Kerrigan will see this as a threat to her power, as most monarchs do, sd will the protoss, so this gives the possibility to a 4th playable race, or a sub race like the Naga. But in all fairness I don;t really give a damn about the Campaign, I'm looking forward to the mapmaking. w00t.gif

#32 Shinobi_Artist

Shinobi_Artist

1st RP Tournament Champion

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 03:58 AM

wow dude. I completly understand were your coming from. And to let you know there is a keyboard "Adapter" for xbox live play, u get a coupon when you buy Phantasy Star Online for Xbox. I kinda hope that theres a 4th campaign. but the guys at blizzard are probably still thinking up a Story line for evrything. and working in all the units. If it's a Zerg/protoss hybrid it Better be a new race and not some sub race piece of junk.
And there was another game on a consoule. They had Starcraft for N64 wich did also kinda suck. All War Strategy games have be used with a mouse and keyboard it just wouldnt feel right

#33 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:51 PM

well im not sure whats so bad about the cube controller, it has one less button than the ps2 controller and it looks and feels fine, ive used them all and it's my fav (the ps2 is close behind though) the xbox's is just crap though. also i so agre it will be on the pc, although im hoping it will not be like world of warcraft with them charging for online play... im still going to but and play WoW, but sadly not for as long i would want to,

this may not be starcraft 2 but, hey...

war 3 mod

#34 TheKingofPeons

TheKingofPeons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:31 AM

I've got good news for everyone! if you go to www.starcraft2.com it links to the blizz site!!!!!! 4.gif 4.gif 4.gif 4.gif

#35 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:34 AM

i think thats more just for people who consider ghost starcraft 2 i wouldnt hold my breath that it mean anything revolutionary.

#36 CrazyAndSuicidal

CrazyAndSuicidal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:17 AM

indeed, just look at the update they released for diablo 2, now how many years later was it released after they originally planned? and im sure a good number of us had to blow the dust off of out starcraft cd to install it for that one. with all the games they have to keep updating and how far they are behind, i agree that it wont be released for a while, but the year 2010 sounds more realistic at this point.

#37 CrazyAndSuicidal

CrazyAndSuicidal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:21 AM

oh and reading further yes these games are superior on the computer, hotkeys are something i and im sure most can't go without.

#38 Vinh

Vinh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 11:16 PM

Wow! I can't really wait for this game. Few years for this game is quite long, but I hope it's worth waiting.

#39 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2004 - 08:27 AM

blizzard always puts lots of effort into testing games to make sure they are flawless, i personally would prefer that the game take longer to get out and be great, than a game be out soon and be good.

#40 7th.Legion

7th.Legion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 04:41 AM

SC2 is NOT coming out anytime sooner BUT starcraft2.com has been bought by Blizzard

#41 THE-FFX-2-TRIO

THE-FFX-2-TRIO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 05:46 AM

There is StarCraft Ghost... I have heard rumors you go into the dominion of the hybrids... But if not, you will have to wait until like 2007 or so for SC2 (I hope they make it)

#42 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:19 AM

those rumors are wrong.

the setting of starcraft ghost will be after tasadar destroys the overmind, and before the UED arrives, so in a simpler sence between original and broodwar. i seriously doubt that there will be any hybrids that early on in the series.

#43 Maester Seymour

Maester Seymour

Yes I am an eccentric person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 03:52 AM

Looks like they'll make a second one for sure.
that ending was cool, it was a bit obvious from when kerrigan was taken by the zerg that the zerg was going to win in the end anyway.

#44 compak disk

compak disk

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:10 PM

there coming out with StarCraft 2 in about 3 years or more

#45 Lord of Nukes

Lord of Nukes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:15 PM

If they ever decide to make it, but they haven't shown any sign that they'll make a StarCraft 2. Right now they're working with World of WarCraft and updates for that which will take up a few good years, then they might plan an SC 2, we'll see in about 5 years, >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users