12 replies to this topic

#1 Shiggy

Shiggy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:17 AM

I do...

I actually own a 360, but rarely play it. There aren't any games on the platform that have caught my interest.

However, there's a few games on my PS2 that I've been playing for years: Red Faction, SSX 3, Timesplitters. It seems games are becoming less innovative as times go on. It also seems that games are striving to be more realistic, which doesn't really appeal to me.

And honestly, in the one year that I've had my Xbox 360, it's broken 4 times. And trust me, I take excellent care of all of my gaming hardware and accessories (I dust of my console and clean my discs about once a week). I've had my PS2 for about 7 years, and it runs perfect.

I'm actually considering saving up to buy a PS3, but I'm still debating it.

Anyone still playing their PS2?

#2 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:23 AM

I play it very often, actually. I've been replaying FF12. Also, I'm trying out Driver 3, but it's very, very sucky. I can add more details as soon as I pass this friggin boat level.

#3 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:39 AM

The 360 is piece of crap, it's broken on me twice personally. The first one I had bought was a used one, I bought a protection plan on it, I went to take it back when it crapped out and the store didn't have any used ones to replace it with, they said for $30 I could replace it with a new one, so I did, but I couldn't get a protection on it because I would've gone broke. Around then Microsoft was saying the red-ring-of-death was just a defect in early models - but lo and behold my new 360 dies from it - even now 360s are still dieing from it. A recent poll on gamefaqs.com asked people if they ever had to repair/replace any of their game consoles and 31% said they had to replace their 360s, while the result for PS3 and Wii was around 3%. I never replaced or replaced my 360 (it's been dead for over a year), and I don't plan to, the whole thing stinks of planned obsolescence. I'm perfectly happy with my PS3 and Wii.

And yes, I still do play PS2 games (on my PS3, technically not playing PS2) I've been playing Disgaea, it's a wonderful little strategy-RPG game, it's a lot of fun.

Link: Gamefaqs poll results in case anyone's interested.

#4 InuYasha

InuYasha

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:30 AM

I used to play it a lot. Mostly just Final Fantasy 10. But I have moved on to other games recently.

#5 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:38 AM

I'm updating about Driv3r, in case anyone is interested.

I really liked the first Driver, for PS1. Driv3r has awesome music, beautiful cutscenes, and is amazing with driving-related things.

But oh my god, when you have to get off the car and shoot things, or even just walk around..

It makes me want to punch babies. Or nuns. Or little babies who will grow up to be nuns.

#6 Max

Max

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:57 PM

Use my PS2 when i go home in University Holidays

only play one game, Formula 1 2006. (3 seasons old and its shill the newest, wish Code-masters would hurry up and relice the new one)

#7 Lord

Lord

NuneWorld Admin

• Admin
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:20 PM

takken 4 & 5 and most of fight games. I have PS2 & do not have intend to replace

#8 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

My girlfriend wanted to rent Tomb Raider: Underworld, for the PS2 (She's a sucker for Lara, too >.< ).

We have it, and I think the graphics are even SUCKIER than Legends or Anniversary. The movement and camera angles are somewhat sucky as well. I am very disappointed.

#9 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (etile @ Mar 8 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My girlfriend wanted to rent Tomb Raider: Underworld, for the PS2 (She's a sucker for Lara, too >.< ).

We have it, and I think the graphics are even SUCKIER than Legends or Anniversary. The movement and camera angles are somewhat sucky as well. I am very disappointed.

I have that for the 360, still need to finish it.

#10 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:57 AM

How does it look? Does it look nice?

#11 Mike!

Mike!

Somebody save me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (etile @ Mar 8 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How does it look? Does it look nice?

Indeedily doodily.

#12 Azmaria Hendric

Azmaria Hendric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

I used to play my ps2 a few years back when it was still considered a really good console.
I played FF 10, FF10-2 and FF 12. They were all awesome ps2 games.

Nowdays I just play my xbox 360. Hasn't died on me yet.
I liked playing dead space and need for speed undercover on it.

#13 Polaris

Polaris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:54 AM

This is quite a bump. However I do still use my PS2. I just play PS1 games on it, like the old final fantasies. I'm going on a bit of a scavenger hunt collecting them >_>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users