67 replies to this topic

#1 masterblacktop

masterblacktop

Gone With the rain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:30 PM

The end of times is a very large category in the Bible. It is addressed in much of the Old Testament prophetic books (Isaiah through Malachi). In the New Testament, the primary passages on the end times are Matthew 24:4-44, Mark 13:5-33, Luke 17:20-37, Luke 21:8-36, 1Thessalonians 4:14-5:3, 2Thessalonians 1:6-2:12, 2Peter 3:3-12, and the Book of Revelation.

A summary of Jesus' words in Matthew 24 shows that the end of times, as well as the time leading up to it, will involve the following:

wars and rumors of wars
nation rising against nation, and kingdom against kingdom
famines and earthquakes
false prophets coming in Jesus' name
many people being deceived by false prophets
false prophets performing signs and wonders
persecution of true believers
people's love of God decreasing
the gospel preached in the whole world
the "abomination of desolation" (a world leader who makes himself out to be God)
a great tribulation
alterations in the sun, moon, stars
Jesus visible to all on earth
Jesus' true followers gathered to Him
Jesus' return
Jesus' judgment of people on earth
Regarding the "rapture" (the event where Christ's true followers are caught up to meet Him in the air) some main texts for that are: Matthew 24:31, Mark 13:27, 1Corinthians 15:51-52, 1Thessalonians 4:16-17, and 2Thessalonians 2:1-4.
Also, it should be pointed out how the last days will be characterized. We are told:

"There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God." (2Timothy 3:1-4)
The end of times basically focuses on the return of Jesus Christ and His judgment of humanity and the world. Therefore, actually knowing Him seems to be the most important thing to understand about the end of times. If you would like to learn more on this subject, see Getting Connected or begin your investigation by reading the Bible section called "John".

#2 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:10 PM

I think we're talking a bit too much about religion, here, man.

#3 Guest_tzobell_*

Guest_tzobell_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:26 PM

common etile were up all for a good discusion. And this happens to be my favorite religiouse discussion.

Any who- I think that america will lose its place as a world superpower, the "true" folowers of Jesus Christ will be persecuted like no other in history. I think we'll have another ww3. It says in revelations about a great war that will have like 200 million people involved. Of coarse some people argue wither this is literal or figertively. But i think its literal. The book of revelations says 1/3 of the earth will be ruined. Im guessing its refering to now, kinda how humans are ruining the enviornment and such. it also says something about mountains falling into the sea- i think it refers to the ice caps melting and covering land in water. John probable saw the costal mountains in alaska being buried in water. So yea i think the the day of the lord in near.

#4 masterblacktop

masterblacktop

Gone With the rain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:41 PM

well thanks god is coming and people dont understand sad.gif

#5 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:19 PM

You seriously believe in all that nonsense?

#6 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE(_TJ_ @ May 20 2005, 01:19 PM)

View Post

Back in the day of uneducated peasants, people were a lot more religious simply cause they didnt know better. But TJ, there are still gullable people around.
I think its an excuse from cathilcs and christians to trash the world cause it will die anyways.

#7 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:39 AM

at the end of time there will be a old man in brown clothes and a brown overvoat standing below a street lamp for all eternity.

he will most likely be a person flung into the end of time through some temporal distortion.

#8 charlie

charlie

I'll be back..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

he will most likely be a person flung into the end of time through some temporal distortion.

why most likely?

how can you explain??

why not just a man like Bin-Laden who has been living in a cave & is the last standing man?...

#9 J-Christ

J-Christ

Sasquatch

• Games Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:00 PM

You don't get the joke.

But, M_D, don't forget about the bucket of water that can save all creation, can't forget about that.

#10 charlie

charlie

I'll be back..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:42 PM

I hate it whwn people do that

theres no use saying "you dont get it" or whatever..

explain?...

#11 J-Christ

J-Christ

Sasquatch

• Games Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:39 PM

Chrono Trigger, the End of Time.

#12 charlie

charlie

I'll be back..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:43 PM

Oh rolleyes.gif i seeee

#13 theonesephiroth

theonesephiroth

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE(_TJ_ @ May 20 2005, 10:19 PM)

View Post

QUOTE(Naylord @ May 21 2005, 02:25 AM)
Back in the day of uneducated peasants, people were a lot more religious simply cause they didnt know better. But TJ, there are still gullable people around.
I think its an excuse from cathilcs and christians to trash the world cause it will die anyways.

View Post

guys why are u trashing peoples religion if u dont like it dont post in the topic.

"if u dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all"

#14 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE(theonesephiroth @ May 22 2005, 11:56 PM)
guys why are u trashing peoples religion if u dont like it dont post in the topic.
"if u dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all"

View Post

Because he is telling us that it is going to happen. If he said it was his opinion, then fair enough.

I’m sick of these Christians who think they’re right and nobody else is.

#15 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE(_TJ_ @ May 22 2005, 04:31 PM)
Because he is telling us that it is going to happen. If he said it was his opinion, then fair enough.

I’m sick of these Christians who think they’re right and nobody else is.

View Post

Technically, are you not saying your right and the christians are wrong?

QUOTE(J.Christ)
Chrono Trigger, the End of Time.

I was hoping someone would get the reference tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users