• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16 Snappy

Snappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:03 AM

you'll all be about to get laid before aramagedon, WUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

#17 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(metroid_dragon @ May 23 2005, 04:03 AM)
Technically, are you not saying your right and the christians are wrong?

View Post

To a certain extent yes. But I will not false my beliefs on you.

#18 dragonmatt5

dragonmatt5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:21 PM

this ties in with the "do you believe in god" topic. but for sake of keeping the topic on line, i'll not digress to far into that arguement. i think that the end of the world will be in a way few of us really think it will. i highly doubt that god will come down and lay waste to all disbelievers. even if he did i wouldn't care to much, i would go elsewhere, i'd make my own afterlife...or not. i think the world will end in humans destroying themselves. nukes, specially created viruses, basic human ability to destroy, we will kill ourselves before any god gets around to doing so.

#19 masterblacktop

masterblacktop

Gone With the rain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(_TJ_ @ May 22 2005, 06:31 PM)
Because he is telling us that it is going to happen. If he said it was his opinion, then fair enough.

I’m sick of these Christians who think they’re right and nobody else is.

View Post

and your sick of chirtians why are you here?

QUOTE(Snappy @ May 22 2005, 10:03 PM)

View Post

ok? blink.gif

QUOTE(dragonmatt5 @ May 23 2005, 10:21 AM)
this ties in with the "do you believe in god" topic. but for sake of keeping the topic on line, i'll not digress to far into that arguement. i think that the end of the world will be in a way few of us really think it will. i highly doubt that god will come down and lay waste to all disbelievers. even if he did i wouldn't care to much, i would go elsewhere, i'd make my own afterlife...or not. i think the world will end in humans destroying themselves. nukes, specially created viruses, basic human ability to destroy, we will kill ourselves before any god gets around to doing so.

View Post

whatever? so you mean god will not waste has time and not take us in his wings
he will give the life that we wanted he love all of us not just one person in all
and people destroying themselves is because the USA has no justice system
other countries to........Unlike us, God knows what will happen tomorrow, next week, next year, the next decade. He says, "I am God, and there is no one like me, declaring the end from the beginning."1 He knows what will happen in the world. More importantly, He knows what will occur in your life and can be there for you, if you've chosen to include Him in your life. He tells us that He can be "our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble."2 But we must make a sincere effort to seek Him. He says, "you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."3God is the Creator of the universe who yearns for us to know Him. That is why we are all here. It is His desire that we rely on and experience His strength, love, justice, holiness and compassion. So He says to all who are willing, "Come to Me." That doesn't mean that those who know God will escape difficult times. They won't. When a terrorist attack causes suffering and death, those who know God will be involved in that suffering also. But there is a peace and a strength that God's presence gives. One follower of Jesus Christ put it this way: "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."4 Reality tells us that we will experience problems in life. However, if we go through them while knowing God, we can react to them with a different perspective and with a strength that is not our own. No problem has the capacity to be insurmountable to God. He is bigger than all the problems that can hit us, and we are not left alone to deal with them.

God's Word tells us, "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him."5 And, "The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them."6

#20 dragonmatt5

dragonmatt5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:13 PM

well even if he did create me, he made a mistake. as for the us justice system, i agree, it sucks but i can't help that. i don't run it, i don't have much of a say, they will run it as they always have. and that way is based on their personal beliefs which as i said in another topic, is rooted in christianity. but to stay on topic i'll continue with my origional line of thought. if i was predesigned by god, it is all the worse for him for i believe that man can live without him, and as such i would destroy him if given that chance. but then what would happen? would the universe be destroyed or only the faithfull be obliterated?

#21 charlie

charlie

I'll be back..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(Snappy @ May 23 2005, 03:03 AM)

View Post

i wish you could refrain from posting stuff like that.. we know you need attention because no-one at home cares about you.. I'm enjoying reading this discussion!

#22 masterblacktop

masterblacktop

Gone With the rain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(dragonmatt5 @ May 24 2005, 08:13 AM)
well even if he did create me, he made a mistake. as for the us justice system, i agree, it sucks but i can't help that. i don't run it, i don't have much of a say, they will run it as they always have. and that way is based on their personal beliefs which as i said in another topic, is rooted in christianity. but to stay on topic i'll continue with my origional line of thought. if i was predesigned by god, it is all the worse for him for i believe that man can live without him, and as such i would destroy him if given that chance. but then what would happen? would the universe be destroyed or only the faithfull be obliterated?

View Post

We're not sure that God gives an answer to your question in the Bible. We don't think He gives an explicit answer to the "why" He allows certain things to happen at this time.

It's quite possible that He will explain all of that at a later time, possibly at judgment. But even with certain questions unanswered, He still seems to think He's given us enough answers to turn to Him and seek Him in humility and truth.

We do not think that people will be able to say, at judgment -- "I would have believed in You were it not for pain, suffering, evil!" We don't think that will wash with Him. He knows what He's doing. If He is silent about something, He has taken that into account.

However, after having said that, here's a few things to consider. One is Jesus Christ. When God took on flesh, He did not refuse to suffer pain. He endured pain and suffering. Certainly that must mean something in the whole scheme of things.

Second is that Jesus says that His kingdom is not of this world. God loved the world by sending His Word (Jesus) into the world. But He is not fond of the world or how it operates (the selfishness, sin, the harm that people do to others and to themselves). God loves His world that's coming, where there is no more mourning, crying, death or pain. That's His kingdom.

Third, God alone is good. So however we might view things, we do not know the full story if our perspective is causing us to think ill of God. He is perfect. He is perfectly fair. He is good. The way He is doing things is the right and good way, even if we do not fully comprehend His ways.

Jesus said in this world you will have difficulties. He made that statement to people who were going to be hated for His name's sake (hated for believing in Him). But Jesus also added this: "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."1

God has not left us alone in this world. We have not been abandoned by Him. For an article that explains what we can count on God for, in the midst of suffering, please see: Where is God in the Midst of Tragedy?

1 John 16:33

#23 Guest_tzobell_*

Guest_tzobell_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE(masterblacktop @ May 25 2005, 09:23 AM)
We're not sure that God gives an answer to your question in the Bible. We don't think He gives an explicit answer to the "why" He allows certain things to happen at this time.

It's quite possible that He will explain all of that at a later time, possibly at judgment. But even with certain questions unanswered, He still seems to think He's given us enough answers to turn to Him and seek Him in humility and truth.

We do not think that people will be able to say, at judgment -- "I would have believed in You were it not for pain, suffering, evil!" We don't think that will wash with Him. He knows what He's doing. If He is silent about something, He has taken that into account.

However, after having said that, here's a few things to consider. One is Jesus Christ. When God took on flesh, He did not refuse to suffer pain. He endured pain and suffering. Certainly that must mean something in the whole scheme of things.

Second is that Jesus says that His kingdom is not of this world. God loved the world by sending His Word (Jesus) into the world. But He is not fond of the world or how it operates (the selfishness, sin, the harm that people do to others and to themselves). God loves His world that's coming, where there is no more mourning, crying, death or pain. That's His kingdom.

Third, God alone is good. So however we might view things, we do not know the full story if our perspective is causing us to think ill of God. He is perfect. He is perfectly fair. He is good. The way He is doing things is the right and good way, even if we do not fully comprehend His ways.

Jesus said in this world you will have difficulties. He made that statement to people who were going to be hated for His name's sake (hated for believing in Him). But Jesus also added this: "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."1

God has not left us alone in this world. We have not been abandoned by Him. For an article that explains what we can count on God for, in the midst of suffering, please see: Where is God in the Midst of Tragedy?

1 John 16:33

View Post

I think god lets things happen becuase he wants to see our true nature, he will only help us if we ask. Cant quite remember where the scripture is, but somewhere in the bible it says that thier cannot be joy with out sorrow, it basically says that we cannot enjoy our selves in heaven if we do not experiance missery on earth. We would not know what a privlege heaven is if we never expericed something worse. Just how when you might go with out food for a while and you get a good workout going something, and then your realy hungry and you go and eat something and it tast great because of how hungry and fatuiged you are. I think heaven is the same way, going to heaven will be like eating a large peperioni pizza after going mountain biking all day with no food. It will be much more enjoyable if we go with out it and experince some suffering befour we get thier.

#24 dragonmatt5

dragonmatt5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:57 PM

hmm, so god lets bad stuff happen to see our true colors? sounds like an insecure child to me. anyways i was thinking about this for a while and figured i'd hand it to you to answer. God's angle lucifer decided he wanted to be more and was cast out of heaven because it right? well here is my inquiry. if god is omniscent, like you've stated before, then he is in everyone right? and he knows everything right? so then he is both part of lucifer and also knew his decision to try and become more before he did, right? so if you think of it that way, he knew that lucifer's influence would temp adam and eve, knew they wouldn't last against it and kneew he would have to force them out. if that is all true, and i think that according to what i have heard you say, it is. then why would he 1. give them paridise to begin with and 2. why would he try to see how we would react if he was omniscent and already knew?

See the problem in that?

ok how about this simple tidbit? god was so cruel that his son's death was the only thing to change his cruel nature and that was only to the extent that he wouldn't cause us any greif on his own, not about letting us cause our own greif.

#25 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:59 PM

other countries to........Unlike us, God knows what will happen tomorrow, next week, next year, the next decade. He says, "I am God, and there is no one like me, declaring the end from the beginning."1 He knows what will happen in the world. More importantly, He knows what will occur in your life and can be there for you

"God created man with pure will"

That is straight from the bible; do you know what it means? I means that God created us with the ability for us to create our own lives, we determine what will happen and the future is not predetermined. God will in no way do anything to affect our lives.

I'm not a religious man but I do know that much.

#26 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(metroid_dragon @ May 27 2005, 08:59 AM)
I'm not a religious man but I do know that much.

View Post

I beg to differ; you are always defending god churchboy.

#27 masterblacktop

masterblacktop

Gone With the rain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(Naylord @ May 27 2005, 11:17 AM)

View Post

yeah whats wrong with that don't hate precate

#28 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2005 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(Naylord @ May 27 2005, 09:17 AM)

View Post

No, i'm just sick of people claiming that the church has done nothing but bad in it's existance. You know very well i'm not religious. Religion has contributed to the progression of sociaty. One of it's biggest attributes was that it gave people hope. Do you really think many peasents would have behaved respectfully if they didn't believe they were going to be rewarded in the afterlife?

Religion brought a code of ethics to our sociaty, something which we probally still wouldn't have mastered very well without it's help. Ethics increase efficiancy and keep people from doing stupid things.

#29 Guest_tzobell_*

Guest_tzobell_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

God's angle lucifer decided he wanted to be more and was cast out of heaven because it right?

wrong- he was cast out of heaven because he did not want to partisipate in the plan of salvation

well here is my inquiry. if god is omniscent, like you've stated before, then he is in everyone right?

no- the laws of phisics clearly state that two objects of matter cannot occupy the same space. God can have influence on me if i let him, but he is not actually in me as you stated

and he knows everything right?

yea

so then he is both part of lucifer and also knew his decision to try and become more before he did, right?

Lucifer did not become more, he was cast out of heaven, what about that made him more?

so if you think of it that way, he knew that lucifer's influence would temp adam and eve, knew they wouldn't last against it and kneew  he would have to force them out. if that is all true, and i think that according to what i have heard you say, it is. then why would he 1. give them paridise to begin with and 2. why would he try to  see how we would react if he was omniscent and already knew?

God works in mysteriouse ways. Why did god let things happen that way? It goes back to my perviouse post which i said that we cannot be happy in heaven if we do not expericance pain and misery in this life.

See the problem in that?

no i dont

ok how about this simple tidbit? god was so cruel that his son's death was the only thing to change his cruel nature and that was only to the extent that he wouldn't cause us any greif on his own, not about letting us cause our own greif.

the purpost of Jesus suffering was to suffer for our sins so that we could repent. Not to change gods cruel nature.

#30 ozzie_the_owl

ozzie_the_owl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

not to get completely off topic, but why did god create man, are we his pets, to care for and amuse

him? or are we an experiment? or did god get bored and decide to make man to

worship our humble god lest we suffer, die, and rot in hell? or is there a bigger picture,

one our puny human minds cannot possibly comprehend?

or is god just mans way of not being able to accept death as just what it may be, a void

an end point, a place where you sleep but do not dream, like before you were born.

where years pass in seconds, because you cannot think, for you are dead. if you can

truly comprehend what i am trying to say, and you think, its scary, and sends a chill

down my spine everytime i think of it. perhaps thats why early man (mabye) came up

with god, to create an afterlife for them. who knows? I certainly do not. mabye the muslims

are right, or the buddists, or the cristians. who is to deside? mabye no one is right and

there simply is no higher power. its really up to the person themselfs to decide, and I personally

have chosen to not believe, simply because there is no real reason for me to believe, besides that

other people have told me to. but a bum could come up to me and tell me the world is coming to

an end, why then shouldnt i believe him? the only ones who will ever know are the dead themselves,

and that dosent help us much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users