#1 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:23 PM

IPB Image

Note: I want to give it about a week or so for people to create characters, and flesh out this world. Of course I still want people creating characters and elaborating on this realm, but what I'm saying is that at this moment, I haven't introduced any major plot events. Even in heaven, God is a secluded fellow, so powerful if anything less than a seraphim sees Him, nothing good will happen. He chooses when and how to talk with his seraphim, also. Remember, you're free to be anybody (except God), but I suggest most of you try not to be the high-ranking angels. You should also try to read up a little on Christian mythology, especially if you want to be an angel named in the bible. I'll be posting some link (mostly wikipedia). Personally, I love reading about this kind of stuff, and I think it'll help the RP. Also, the more powerful you are, the more likely I'll employ some kind of check to your abilities. And remember, power is based on rank and on God's grace, so praying can help!

Info about angels in this world: Their personalities can be anything from remarkably human, to wannabe-god. They are immortal in heaven, earth, and hell. They are not all-powerful, all-knowing or all-seeing. They have free will, and can be subject to all of the temptations and pains of man, but since they live so close to God, their loyalty, sense of worth, and reason for being is much more pronounced and clear to them. They are for the most part, extremely virtuous beings.

The ninth realm of heaven, the largest and closest one to God, shone with a radiance second to only the Great Father Himself. Here dwelled his sacred sons, the angels who acted on his behalf, and helped mankind in His name. The other eight spheres house those unblemished souls who have departed from their earthly body, and now live with God. Yet the angels rarely address these souls, being too concerned with their affairs on earth and in their realm. The Almighty also has withdrawn, for the last milenium scarcely admitting any being into his Empyrean Heaven, except for the occasional communication with his seraphim and cherubim. Thus, the angels, most virtuous and powerful, have taken upon themselves to run the more vulgar affairs of the universe, upholding their hierarchy and dealing with man as He saw fit.

Possible Characters:
A happy soul in heaven
An Angel (has to have a rank in the Angellic Hierarchy, but it can be a character of your choice)
Seraphiel (Chief of the Seraphim, most of your duties will involve announcing the word of God to the other angels. I'll be providing the word of God...)

Off Limits:
God
Michael

Helpful Links:
Angelic Hierarchy
Dante's Heaven (Angels are in the ninth sphere)

Note: Before starting, check the latest posts on Here for any updates. There will also be new stuff added right below, so keep on readin'.

[updated on 11/08/06]

The Balance (also known as the Truce):

When God cast down the rebellious angels into Hell, He then focused his holy energies into the creation of the known universe, Eath, and man. He saw man Fall, and casted them out of the garden. Despite their pain and suffering, His heart swelled with joy as they flourished on Earth. Yet He wanted His creations to be worthy of His love and mercy, thus he called upon Satan, who had never stopped his rebellion, even though he had been sent to Hell. In His love and mercy, he allowed both holy and fallen angels to visit earth. And thus God established the Balance with Satan. Each group tried to sway mankind one way or another, each group tested man's love for God. Yet after time, God saw that this test was too great for man. His Sons were simply too wonderous and powerful. And so the terms were reduced, while the Balance remained in place. Now, no pure angel or fallen angel may walk upon the earth, though those of mixed blood or departed souls may, if God wills it so.

#2 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 12:36 AM

((Start posting, people!))
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Micheal looked around in the ethereal realm, weary. He had lost his sparring match with Uriel, who with the grace of God had turned into a thousand-headed dragon at the last minute, and overwhelmed him. He sat on a rock on the edge of the battlefield they had created, looking down at his mangled arms after congratulating Uriel on a good fight, and watching him fly away. The blood ran luminous and clear, a liquid prism that played with light as it flowed. The healing went by slowly, and he spent ours thinking and watching his unearthly flesh knit itself back together. Uriel's surge of power was truly remarkable, but the battle was not what had him feeling defeated. For over a milenia now, God had not spoken to him. Indeed, it was a rare thing for any of the seraphim to recieve any order, favor, or hold any type of discourse with Elohim. Thus heaven ran itself, it's sublime heirarchy and the virtue of the angels keeping the worlds in order for all this time. While he, who had defeated Morningstar, second only to God, sat and watched, too jaded to participate with enthusiasm in the affairs of man or angel. Where was the intensity?? He yearned for the days of old, for the taste of true, perilous battle. He wanted to wield the Sword of God. Pride swelled in his heart, and he did not try to quell it.

#3 LanaLou

LanaLou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 02:11 PM

She watched the sparring match from a distance, so none could see. Michael truly was a heroic fighter. But as uriel had jsut proved, being the better fighter does not gaurantee a win. she waited until he had healed and she walked up and sat by him. "your mind seems troubled brother. it is not right to keep your burdens to yourself. please, share them with me?"

#4 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:33 AM

He heard the sweet cadence of an angelic voice, and turned towards its source. As his rejuvenation stopped, a healthy, almost amber glow could be seen emanating from his body, matching his chest plate, which was silver with two golden lions fighting front and center. Putting on a light smile, he shrugged. "Who could be troubled in such a place as this, filled with love for a God who rarely speaks to us?" Usually a straight shooter, the sarcasm sounded a little odd coming from his lips.

((I just realized I didn't write about what he looks like. I'll add that in later, since I just found out they're going to cut our power for an hour))

#5 LanaLou

LanaLou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 06:21 PM

Thraso laughed loudly. Not a tinkling laugh of an angel but much more raucous, a lauugh of genuine amusement. " a god, who sees fit only to speak when he has something worth saying..thus, he does not speak very oft.." Thraso smiled at him, and sat next to him. " I saw you fight. YOu fight well. but you hold something back... still better to hold back than be held back." she smiled. as always, feeling a little cheated by god. " i wasnt always an angel. My father was which makes me a child of sin, so i shouldnt be here. But he said he saw something greater for me, what i know not. but i was killed at eighteen in the floods. God knows i do not resent him as such. but he holds me back. I am not alowed to fight, nor have i been trained to. so i guess you should at least be glad of the memories of battle you have"

#6 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

He ran his hand through his curly brown hair, which was not quite long enough to cover his ears. "I witnessed the flood... I saw the sin of both man and angel, how they strayed from God's love when the Grigori came down to earth, teaching mankind whilst taking fair human maidens for their brides. The flood was a cruel punishment.. brutal, with no chance to fight back.." He phrased his statement carefully, so as to not criticize and therefore offend God. "I am sorry for your death, but am glad the Eternal gave you a greater existence." He gave a curt nod, while trying to hold back a sigh. The glowing embers in his chest seemed to grow brighter as he recollected all the battles he had been in, all the blessed victories won in His name.

#7 gunnerd26

gunnerd26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:18 PM

Name: Leviticus
Race: Angel

Leviticus walks toward the gates of heaven after a year of being on earth. As he draws near, he feels a sudden surge of power ripple through him and then a blast that sends him flying into the air. His body is temporarily paralyzed as he hits the groud some hundred feet away. What was that? he wonders in bewilderment as he staggers to his feet. he approaches the barrier cautiously when he sees someone coming out of the Gates. He stops and the figure holds out a hand with his palm out. he feels the power surge again and is ready for it. he braces himself and is pushed back a few feet. "Stop this madness! It is I, Leviticus, coming back from my missionn Earth!" The attacker lowers his hand and walks away. What in God's name is going on? he thinks as he walks into Heaven.

OOC:
Leviticus is not a real angel in today's world (i made him up...)

#8 gunnerd26

gunnerd26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:54 PM

OOC
sorry, but is this thing dead now or what?

#9 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:33 AM

((OOC: No, no, we're not dead, just slow XP. I'll send a PM to Lana, to see if she can post. ))

#10 LanaLou

LanaLou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 10:57 PM

(ooc: i have exams coming up v sorry, i havent had much time i had forgoten this to tell the truth but im here now! )

She felt a distant thud, coming from the direction of the Gate. "Did you feel that?" something was amis such a surge that could be felt here by the arenas.... what was going on? Getting to her feet she turned to michael " may i go? i am-i uh- i wish to see what was the cause of that surge.."

( ah sorry its soo short ive not got the focus.. oh and. merry christmas.

#11 gunnerd26

gunnerd26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

Leviticus enters the gates and starts the long walk to the temple. why am i walking? he thinks as he suddenly lifts into the air. after a year of not flying on earth, he accepts this with great enthusiasm. as he locates the temple with his eyes, he shoots through the air when he is hailed by someone walking towards him. who's that? he wonders and goes down to meet her. "Hello Thraso!" he yells joyfully as he recognizes her. "How goes thee?"

#12 LanaLou

LanaLou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

Leviticus, returned? surely it hadnt been a year... then again, time did just seem to drift here. One enever really knew.. it could be day or night. being even more honest she didnt really care, the worries of night had beenleft on earth. and the stress of the day too. so these things now just passed in prayer and monotony.

"my friend, you have returned! it is not the question of how i am keeping, i am the same as always, but my questiions should be for you! what did you see? what can you tell me? what news have you?" her barrage of questions came thick and fast, he only had a chance to answer when she stopped for breath.

#13 gunnerd26

gunnerd26

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

"Well, first to say the least, things are begining to look dark again as Lucifer himself has started employing demons to do his services on earth. This started just months after i returned there, they were only starting to arrive, but i fear they will have started their assault by now, that is why i am here." He says and his shoulders sag a bit. "As for what i have seen, it has been short but brief that i have counseled His Servant on earth, then i had to move out of sight and out of mind as some would say for i believe that some of the world powers on earth are already tainted by Lucifer himself. But i must now leave to start a gathering in front of the arena. Fairwell, or come with me." And with that, Leviticus flys off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users