6 replies to this topic

#1 Maester Seymour

Maester Seymour

Yes I am an eccentric person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

I loved it so much, it was like RE (Resident Evil) and SH (Silent Hill) all in one.
Mixed in with a twist of sci-fi horror. It wasn't that scary, but it was really fun to play.

Also the gore and blood, was top notch, some very *cringe worthy* moments in this game.
You died in the goriest and bloodiest ways. Excellent!

Who here agrees with what I just said?

#2 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:39 AM

I played the demo, it seems like a good game.

#3 Maester Seymour

Maester Seymour

Yes I am an eccentric person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,380 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Eraserhead @ Feb 2 2009, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I played the demo, it seems like a good game.

It is the best game in the whole world, no universe.
You would do yourself well to pick up a copy.

It is so good, I'm just beside myself with happiness.

#4 Shinobi_Artist

Shinobi_Artist

1st RP Tournament Champion

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

Dead Space was a mediocre attempt to stem the tide of RE5 anticipation. It was a boring romp in an endless slide show of "go here, do this, oh crap this happened, now go there, do that" It had decent variety in level design, but the entire "shoot the limbs for more damage" was a complete gimmick, halfway through the game I was just putting two in the chest and walking on. Half the guns in the game I didn't use more than once because the power of the plasma cutter by the time you get anything else doesn't warrant the boosting of the other weapons, seeing as how some of them are completely useless coughflamercough. Don't even get me started on the "end" if thats what you wanna call it. What were they thinking when they said "Ok guys, lets try and make the ending a twist!" Too bad it ended up like a bad M. Night Shyamalan movie.

#5 Azmaria Hendric

Azmaria Hendric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (Shinobi_Artist @ Feb 7 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dead Space was a mediocre attempt to stem the tide of RE5 anticipation. It was a boring romp in an endless slide show of "go here, do this, oh crap this happened, now go there, do that" It had decent variety in level design, but the entire "shoot the limbs for more damage" was a complete gimmick, halfway through the game I was just putting two in the chest and walking on. Half the guns in the game I didn't use more than once because the power of the plasma cutter by the time you get anything else doesn't warrant the boosting of the other weapons, seeing as how some of them are completely useless coughflamercough. Don't even get me started on the "end" if thats what you wanna call it. What were they thinking when they said "Ok guys, lets try and make the ending a twist!" Too bad it ended up like a bad M. Night Shyamalan movie.
Well I at least liked it, even though you didn't.
We can't all like the same things now can't we.

I thought the dismemberment idea was really good. It made fighting so much more fun.
I loved to gutter stomp all the necromorphs whenever I thought them.
It was good times indeed.

#6 sureideas

sureideas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:45 AM

Engineer Isaac Clarke is sent to repair the Ishimura, an immense mining ship, but he arrives to find a living nightmare—the ship is a floating bloodbath, the crew unspeakably mutilated and infected by an ancient alien scourge.

#7 Azmaria Hendric

Azmaria Hendric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (sureideas @ May 8 2009, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Engineer Isaac Clarke is sent to repair the Ishimura, an immense mining ship, but he arrives to find a living nightmare—the ship is a floating bloodbath, the crew unspeakably mutilated and infected by an ancient alien scourge.

That's basically the story in a nutshell. Good work buddy.
Also I highly recommend seeing Dead Space Downfall the animated movie to see how it all began.
Its a great watch, but very bloody and gory so be prepared!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users