7 replies to this topic

#1 Night4All

Night4All

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:42 AM

I simply refuse to give up on the RP forum!! (For now again anyway...) So is anyone interested in a RP that involves both ancient things (bow and arrows, magic, etc.) and some modern things (guns, bombs, etc.) I still havn't fully developed a decent plot yet so any ideas and suggestions would be nice.

#2 Zelda Princess

Zelda Princess

Jess

• RP Forum Mod's
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:41 AM

I definitely am interested.

And although I'm a hypocrite, brainstorming is a wonderful thing to do, Night.

#3 Night4All

Night4All

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:32 PM

One of the main problems is the focus of the RP. I really don't want the same old cliché "kill the bad guy" or the "save the world" kind of thing. But I really have nothing besides those two ideas.

#4 Zelda Princess

Zelda Princess

Jess

• RP Forum Mod's
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:29 AM

It's difficult to get past those themes, usually.

We could do more of character build-ups with no real plot line... training center, developing technology, study of past combat... take a different side, such as be the "bad guys" attempting to build a time machine to change the past... uh, something more Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy type, being stuck in space and trying to save our own skins while planet hopping... Frankly, I think it'd be nice to do something more on the comedy side, where irony rules the game or something. That's with a minute of my time thinking, so... get creative! </nohelp>;

#5 Night4All

Night4All

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:54 PM

ooc: Hmmm... I think I am going to go with the survival theme... but I still got to work out the plot. I'll post something up later

Edit:

It was the beginning of a new age on Sigil. Chaos was everywhere. Destruction reigned upon civilization in a never ending storm. It seems like the gods themselves were angry with the people and had set out to wipe out what is, through spells of epic proportions. People fled where they could, seeking refuge that did not exist. In the mist of all this chaos, the gifted were hunted and burned, blamed for being the reason of this destruction. As the crusade on the gifted reached its breaking point, what was left of the gifted population fled. Carrying with them the supplies they could obtain, they ran for their lives.

Similarly, another world was facing an identical situation. Joann was under siege by plagues, terrorism, and natural disasters. Deaths rose at a exponential rate everyday. As advanced as the science and engineering was, the plagues and disasters were unstoppable. It seems the world was spiraling into chaos and destroying itself from the inside out. As people started to realize this, they attempted to seek refuge in far away lands, lands that were previously isolated and ignored.

As both worlds spun rapidly into their destruction, they collided with one another. As all hope seems to be lost, a miracle occurred. This miracle occurred in the form of a new world, a world of stability but at the same time, of brutal savagery.

ooc: Alright, that was a pretty horrible introduction... The character sheet is optional since I really don't think having or not having one makes a difference. If you think there is anything that need modification, I'll be more then happy to figure something out.

#6 Zelda Princess

Zelda Princess

Jess

• RP Forum Mod's
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:23 AM

Names of planets/locations? And is it optional in which world we start off? Can we make up as we go along? What is the extent of technology in these worlds?

#7 Night4All

Night4All

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:39 PM

ooc: Ok, revised it a little bit. There are now planet names and as for those questions, the choice of starting planet is optional. Since that "intro" is so short and bland, feel free to add and develop it. And as it should be slightly obvious, Sigil is the magical planet and Joann is the more modern world. The level of technology is up to you, just don't make it too over board.

#8 Sora-Trinity-

Sora-Trinity-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

OOC :: To throw in my two cents about this. The planet that is technology based I believe should take a spin such as Steampunk stylization to it. Very rustic, but yet advanced beyond what we know. It has a flare of what would be impossibilities such as ocular devices in which allow a person to see into a different zone of reality in which matter in itself can be viewed and with further extent of technology or another piece of equipment, altered at that persons choosing. Thus giving the option for weaponry that is far advanced, and yet so rustic it hurts. Bows that look like they should fall apart when picked up are able to condense electromagnetic fields into a solid matter, than use that (same) electromagnetic field to propel the condensed energy as a projectile. It would add some flare and style, and yet a feel of.... A..... None advanced world. If that makes sense. ::

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users