• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:58 AM

While games like DDR come filled to the brim with crappy J-Pop, they were the best the rhythm genre offered. But after putting that $%^&* down, we would listen to our rock, cause thats what real men listen too.
But now Guitar Hero is here, and its a rhythm game with fantastic music and amazing gameplay. I've generally been a hater of the whole genre, but Guitar Hero made me a believer.

Graphics: Non-issue, especially in this genre. The note bar is very clear, colourful and you will enjoy staring at it for the duration of play. In the background it shows your band playing at whatever concert venue their at and the crowd cheering and all that cool stuff, too bad you cant look at it while your hammering down not after note, they get the job done but are so irrelevant especialy in this genre where you cant look at them I cant give them anything.
Graphics NA/10

Music: Killer Queen, Take me out, Iron Man, Spanish Castle Magic, need I say more? This game is loaded with great songs, and some that while you may not find yourself listening too, are still fantastic and just seem to be worth listening to much more when your playing them, it adds so much to the listening experience. Sure the music is done by cover bands, but theyre damn good cover bands.
10/10

Gameplay: Alright heres the meat. The game comes with a fantastic arcade quality guitar controler. Although durable, you must resist the tempation to smash it on the ground for the encore, it will be the last thing you do with it. The game works by throwing a bunch of notes at you, you hold the right fret and strum on the strumb bar. There are long notes on which you must hold and use the whammy bar to manipulate the sound and get bonus points. Many advanced technieques like hammer-ons and pull-offs help you make smoother transitions between scaled chords.
Unlike most rythym games, it makes you feel it when you screw up, youre actually playing the guitar in it and the off beat strums and any missed notes will be noticed not only by you but the angry crowd, it gives it a much more rewarding feel. While playing this game well, you feel like a !@#$ing god of rock, nothing is more stimulating for the ego than rocking it down with Iron Man! "I AM !@#$ING IRON MAN BITCHES! AAAAAAAAAH!"
Gameplay 10/10

Overall 10/10- I know you think that its insane to give it that, but as far as rhythm games go, guitar hero is the best, and its flawlessly executed. If you dont like the genre too bad, but otherwise you will be loving this game to death. The extra large price tag may drive you away, but its more than worth it. Today I played from 11 AM to 11 PM, and it was !@#$ing fun. Now if you excuse me, I must go play Take Me Out.

#2 Batman

Batman

Everything I say is right.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2614 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:56 PM

Nice review but games marked 10/10 are usually good games even for somebody who dislikes the genre. You did make me want to buy the game though. 4.gif

#3 EdgE_SOAD

EdgE_SOAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1752 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 07:01 PM

I myself played the game [u]GUITAR HERO and this game rocks. If you read my profile i like to play guitar and rock out-ALOT. Any ways any game that uses playing guitar,rocking out, and just having a great o'le fun time is a good game to me. Any game that has Black Sabbath,Ozzy,Audioslave,WHITE ZOMBIE,zakk wylde's BLS and so on is a GREAT GAME!!!!!! GUITAR HERO ROX wallbash.gif

#4 markbernaldo

markbernaldo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:26 AM

since i love music and i always play guitar alone, i also do the same when i am in front of my computer. Guitar Hero is a Musical game which also plays with guitar, the game is very cool and i really love it.
more exciting games here : Games | Fun Games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users