• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 08:55 AM

So, a number of you guys know that I'm expecting a new baby soon and that it is going to be a girl (my first after 3 boys!).

Well, my wife went to see her doctor the other day and we have set a date to go in and be induced! Provided she doesn't go into labor or have her water break before then, we will be going to the hospital Tuesday, Sept 30th.

I pray to God that she doesn't go into labor before then, but at least we now know when she'll be here at the latest. cool.gif

#2 dew

dew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 12:37 PM

wow good job and to day is...the 25th. 5 more days 5 more days. i have been learning bout reproduction and pregancy

#3 Guest_tzobell_*

Guest_tzobell_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2003 - 04:18 PM

what are you going to name her?

#4 Count Seamus

Count Seamus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 25 September 2003 - 04:41 PM

yea wut that will be interesting

#5 dew

dew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 01:22 AM

OH WHATS YOUR LAST NAME I WANT TO SEE IF THEESE SOUND GOOD
lillie
rosa
rachel
fionioa
daniell
jessy
and of cource shelby

#6 dew

dew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 01:24 AM

Heres a super place for names

#7 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2003 - 01:45 AM

induced labor? isn't that like making an appointment to give birth? isn't it a little... unnatural? i dunno, just me.

anyways, that names website didn't have my name!!! cry_smile.gif cry_smile.gif cry_smile.gif

but, its ok, i guess. I will live, hopefully.

oh and check this out... CLICK HERE

ok, so it doesn't have anything to do with names, but it has babies! and its very rare for me to find something that i consider "cute." anyways, yeah.

#8 Six_teen_stone

Six_teen_stone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 02:54 AM

Induced labor IS natural. Unless the babies coming out of your ear..It's natural. They'll just give her a few pills to make her start contracting. More than likly 5 hours into it her water will break and she'll give birth. My sister was induced took her about 5-12 hours after they gave hr the pills to actually give birth. The contractions definatley weren't 'un-natural' Good luck Aaron!! I hope everything goes well!!!

#9 rat racer550

rat racer550

There is Nothing Left to Lose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 03:11 AM

dew... what did we talk about not double posting???

#10 Guest_tzobell_*

Guest_tzobell_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2003 - 03:37 AM

Desiree (dez- are- A) and Shailee (shale-E) are the names of my sisters, you should befinatly consider those as possible names! smile.gif

#11 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2003 - 03:41 AM

well, im not talking like, mutations or anything, although it might look nifty. u was just saying that forcing contractions just sounds... i dunno, i can't explain, but i hope you get the jist of it.

#12 rat racer550

rat racer550

There is Nothing Left to Lose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 01:21 PM

guys, dont you think he would have the name all piched out by now?

#13 Guest_tzobell_*

Guest_tzobell_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2003 - 03:25 PM

maby. MAby not. WHen why lil brother was born my parents didnt agreee on a name until the last day my mom was at the hospital.

#14 Count Seamus

Count Seamus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 04:45 PM

aarons last name depends on the girls name so we should learn his last name before goin out and annoying him with names that dont go good

#15 Aaron1339

Aaron1339

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 05:39 PM

Lillie Belle Corcoran

As for induced labor, it happens a lot more often than you may think. Sometimes a woman's water will break but she doesn't actually having contractions. If she goes for more than 24 hours (I think that's the timeframe) without contractions starting, that can be a serious problem for both the mother and the baby. If all the fluid is gone, both of them have a very strong chance of getting a nasty infection.

As for scheduling an induction, that also happens a lot. Especially when the expectant mother has VERY fast labors.
Our 1st son: 1.5 hours labor
Our 2nd son: 45 minutes labor
Our 3rd son: 25 minutes labor

As you can see, I very much want my wife to be AT the hospital when she goes into labor (starts having contractions), or else I very likely will be delivering my baby myself on the side of a freeway or somewhere on the way to the hospital.

So, Tuesday morning we are going to go into the hospital, get settled into our room and then the doctor is going to hook Amanda up with an IV with Patosin (they usually don't use the pills for a planned induction like this - they use the pills when they have the first scenario I talked about). It will take a couple hours for the Patosin to start working and actually get contractions started. But once they get started, considering Amanda's track record, Lillie should be born just a few minutes later!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users