37 replies to this topic

#1 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5957 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:16 AM

ProjectPlaylist.com is a legal (I am assuming) way of making your own playlists. I made an account that we can all use. Whether you use this account or not doesn't really matter, but I figured I'd make things easier, you know?

So, you can log in and whip up a quck playlist, so we can listen to what y'all like.

Account name: nuneworldpp
Account password: chugga

Rules:

For simplicity's sake, start out any playlist you make with your name of Nuneworld name.
Don't mess with other folks playlists unless they let you!
Some people just want to see the world learn.

#2 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:05 AM

I like this idea, I'm working on a playlist right now. Beware though, I'm what I like to call "eccentric" when it comes to music.
QUOTE (etile @ Feb 6 2009, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything Chazz says is both a lie and the complete truth. You can spend your entire life trying to understand how this could be so, but your head would explode exactly 97 seconds before you achieve your goal.

QUOTE (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)
"This must Thursday, I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

#3 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

Added the songs off the top of my head: Chemical Marriage by Mr. Bungle, The Black Page #2 by Frank Zappa, Red by King Crimson and Paranoid Android by Radiohead.
Everything Chazz says is both a lie and the complete truth. You can spend your entire life trying to understand how this could be so, but your head would explode exactly 97 seconds before you achieve your goal.

#4 evanfan1117

evanfan1117

<3

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4560 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

At the request of Noni..

I have made one.
♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫

#5 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3649 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:53 AM

Created a play list too, more so for time consuming reasons than anything else tongue.gif
I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.
Muhammad Ali

#6 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:44 AM

So you like the Muse, Etile. You should also try Radiohead and 65daysofstatic.

#7 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5957 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:53 AM

I was just going to say that. The point of this is to encourage discussion!

*is currently picking his way through Eraserhead's list*

I do listen to some Radiohead. I think it was actually due to the influence of your sister, back when I download some Pinback stuff, too.

As for the sings I've listened from your list so far..
Chemical Marriage I like, but Black Page #2 seems a little trippy. It has.. like a slight dissonance or something that I think I'd need to have grow on me.

#8 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE(etile @ Mar 4 2008, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just going to say that. The point of this is to encourage discussion!

*is currently picking his way through Eraserhead's list*

I do listen to some Radiohead. I think it was actually due to the influence of your sister, back when I download some Pinback stuff, too.

As for the sings I've listened from your list so far..
Chemical Marriage I like, but Black Page #2 seems a little trippy. It has.. like a slight dissonance or something that I think I'd need to have grow on me.

The Black Page is a very complex song, there are a lot polyrythyms. I'm probably gonna over your head but the 15th bar of the song is a quarter note followed by two eighth notes followed by a septuplet with two quarter notes and three eighth notes followed by four sixteenth notes followed by a quintuplet with five sixteenth notes, all of this wrapped into a triplet. All of that fits into a common time signature of 4/4ths. If you understood that, then this song is for you.

#9 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5957 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:29 AM

*shakes his head*
Music theory is actually one of the few subjects I didn't excel in back in high school. Though, you must admit that it's still possible for a song to be technically complex, but still sound cruddy. My professor one time spoke of a group a while back that specialized in technically brilliant yet dissonant music. Every piece they made (classical orchestra type stuff) followed stringent rules, and their music was the cool thing to listen to for a few years, but now they're pretty much forgotten.

Back to other songs, though. I very much liked the rest of your playlist.. methinks I'm going to get some of those songs once I get off campus.

*waits for Jess to make her playlist*

#10 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(etile @ Mar 5 2008, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*shakes his head*
Music theory is actually one of the few subjects I didn't excel in back in high school. Though, you must admit that it's still possible for a song to be technically complex, but still sound cruddy. My professor one time spoke of a group a while back that specialized in technically brilliant yet dissonant music. Every piece they made (classical orchestra type stuff) followed stringent rules, and their music was the cool thing to listen to for a few years, but now they're pretty much forgotten.

Back to other songs, though. I very much liked the rest of your playlist.. methinks I'm going to get some of those songs once I get off campus.

*waits for Jess to make her playlist*

I know what you mean. There are a countless number of metal bands that are very technical and complex that sound like crap. Frank Zappa is a mixed bag though, his music varies in complexity(from medium to impossible); he has done music in just about every genre, too; and has made over 60 albums. It's towards the end of his career that he composes these insanely complex songs like "The Black Page".

I listened to another song on your playlist, "Angel" I think it was called, I really enjoyed that one, it sounds very much like film music with the electronic beats and the subtle synthesizers. Another band that does similar music to that is "Ulver", but like Zappa, they're also a mixed bag spanning many genres.

#11 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5957 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:28 AM

*is happy some conversation is going on*

All is Massive Attack's stuff is like like. Very mellow, smooth and sultry sometimes. I'm going to have to add some more songs to the list, because I sort of just whipped one up after making the account. Angel is my favorite song from them, though.

And wow... 60 albums? That man keeps busy.

*makes a mental note of Ulver*

#12 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(etile @ Mar 6 2008, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And wow... 60 albums? That man keeps busy.

Not anymore, he's dead. He started in the sixties and kept going until the nineties.

#13 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:50 AM

Added some "Tool" songs to my playlist. This is one my of favorite bands, they have the whole package: great sound, complex and technical structures, great lyrics and very talented members, especially the drummer. And as a bonus they produce great artwork for the album packages and music videos. A fantastic band!

#14 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5957 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE(Eraserhead @ Mar 5 2008, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not anymore, he's dead. He started in the sixties and kept going until the nineties.

Well, he did keep busy, at least.

And yes, I adore Tool. Though I enjoy APC even more. I wish I had more songs from Puscifer, so I could form an opinion, by their song Rev 22:20 is fantastic, I think

#15 Eraserhead

Eraserhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1242 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE(etile @ Mar 6 2008, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, he did keep busy, at least.

And yes, I adore Tool. Though I enjoy APC even more. I wish I had more songs from Puscifer, so I could form an opinion, by their song Rev 22:20 is fantastic, I think

Puscifer is actually a project by Tool's singer, Maynard James Keenan. I'm surprised so many people know about Puscifer, I don't think Maynard even made an album for the Puscifer thing yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users