• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:40 PM

Im sorry but it is time for Geoff to lecture!
Right now we got a lot of annoying sony fanboys who flame nintendo for being "kiddy" and such while they worship thier final fantasy charecters. Before I get to the problem with calling nintendo kiddy, lets get to the point of how they know nothing about their roots. Final fantasy and many of the series they love all originated on nintendo systems (metal gear, final fantasy to name a few!). They pride thier systems on those games and yet they dont even know where those games roots are! Gaming was made succesful and truly popular by nintendo! While all the sony/xbox fanboys were little children Nintendo was starting the first great innovations of gaming. Sony is basically using succesful nintendo franchises to market its way though the console wars.
Ill get to the kiddy things later, but for know im severly drunk on dr.pepper, we need a dr.pepper emoticon dammit!

#2 Neiko

Neiko

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 04:05 PM

yea the origninal final fantasy was made in Super Nintendo if im correct, along with my fav, Crono Trigger happy.gif

#3 Rick Hard

Rick Hard

Are Those My Feet?

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:41 PM

Awww please...dont start this argument again.

also, you sound like the biggest nintendo fanboy ever there, and the title just cements that. "Replying to People Who Do Not Respect Nintendo: are not true gamers" !! c'mon. you're one to talk about fanboys.

sure nintendo were the best of the best, back in the day, and still are fairly god damn good, but get with the times. Sony are really really good. And they're only getting better with the psp and even more when the ps3 come's out. I know nintendo are by no means finished, but they are losing at the moment, and untill i find out exactly what the revolution exactly is, its gonna be the same.

alright, i have to go. i'll finish this later

#4 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:20 AM

Hmm, perhaps the name could have been a bit more subtle but most of the points you bring up are valid. Yes alot of major series that credit Sony originated with Nintendo, but lets not forget that Nintendo is still partly responsible for allowing those companies to leave them. Square has notioned that Sony is aggrivating them, and have started producing exclusive Nintendo games again. and Konami games are starting to reapear as exclusives for Nintendo as well so things are not all bad.

QUOTE(Rick)
And they're only getting better with the psp

Oh c'mon, are you blind? the PSP is a piece of crap designed to try and run Nintendo out of business in the one area they still hold a near monopoly. There are so many flaws with the PSP it aint even funny. The ONLY objective behind the PSP is to hurt Nintendo, not to appease gamers.

QUOTE(Rick)
I know nintendo are by no means finished, but they are losing at the moment

Are you refering to losing to Sony or losing the Console war? because lets not forgett the sales figures. Nintendo passed Microsoft quite a few years ago and never lost ground since then.

For Proof:-
Gamespy
(sorry, couldnt find anything more recent, i did quite a bit more searching but nothing good came up.)

and untill i find out exactly what the revolution exactly is, its gonna be the same.

There have been a few details released. Specifically Nintendo is abandoning it's anti-internet policy and the Revolution will have built in Wi-Fi (wireless) internet access for playing with people all around the planet. Also the Revolution will be backwards compatable with GCN games. Some Partners that Nintendo will be working with to create the console include IBM and ATI.

Some Revolution details

#5 HaloD MC

HaloD MC

The Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 04:50 AM

Heres mye long speech:

Nintendo used to own.

The end.

#6 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 05:58 AM

grammer is your friend, the correct verb tense is present, OWNS!
Whats your little xbox have in the way of good games, lets see um.. Halo and Halo2, well considering halo is on pc and many fps are on the computer and much better than halo2. Gamecube has countless of great titles, I borrowed my friends xbox for a week, that was the most boring week of my life. I have a ps2 and its collecting dust and my gamecube gets well over 4 hours of play a day!

#7 HaloD MC

HaloD MC

The Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:55 AM

Naylord are you !@#$in with me?

Actully Bungie studios made it For X-Box first dumbass so its a X-Box game!

X-Box:
Halo1
Halo2
Fable

Gamecube:
Metriod Prime
barbies
carebears
power rangers

yeah thats what I thought

I guess it loosk like grammer is YOU'RE friend, i said own not OWNS!

you sound liek a !@#$in metriod dragon wannabe.

X-Box owns..

1. no memorcards needed
2. can put music into it
3. awsome controls (now dont give me the "xbox sucks there controlers are bulky and huge" cuz you can buy smaller ones.)
4. doesnt have kiddie games
5. Made by microsoft
6. not a cube
7. doesnt have gay dics
8. can play DvD's
9. X-Box live

*Hands down* dont try to defend it wont work.

OWNED

#8 Neiko

Neiko

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:46 AM

can somone say BURNNNNNNNNN a hamburger?

#9 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(HaloD MC @ Apr 2 2005, 09:55 PM)
Naylord are you !@#$in with me?
Actully Bungie studios made it For X-Box first dumbass so its a X-Box game!

X-Box:
Halo1
Halo2
Fable
Gamecube:
Metriod Prime
barbies
carebears
power rangers

I guess it loosk like grammer is YOU'RE friend, i said own not OWNS!

you sound liek a !@#$in metriod dragon wannabe.

X-Box owns..

1. no memorcards needed
2. can put music into it
3. awsome controls (now dont give me the "xbox sucks there controlers are bulky and huge" cuz you can buy smaller ones.)
4. doesnt have kiddie games
5. Made by microsoft
6. not a cube
7. doesnt have gay dics
8. can play DvD's
9. X-Box live
*Hands down* dont try to defend it wont work.

OWNED

View Post

congrats! you named three games! and one of them is crap! I have played and beat well over 20 rpgs in my life investing at least a thousand hours into them combined, and Ill tell you, Fable is the worst rpg ive played. Not saying worst ever, theres worse Im sure, but out of all the ones Ive played it is the worst. It has a stupid roll move which makes you invincible, an overly simple spell system with the fewist spells I have seen in any rpg. It is about 3 hours long.
Anyways, can you show me a link to a site that ranks "Barbies" or "Carebears" as one of the top five gamecube games, top ten? Hundread? Even a real cube game? No you cant!
Lets see some good gamecube games:
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Metriod Prime (Gamespots 2002 game of the year)
The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (Gamespots 2003 game of the year) BTW xbox has yet to recieve a game of the year award from gamespot!
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

I could name more later if you wish, the point is, gamecube ain't kiddy, you are! You need to consolidation that your games are mature, you want your games to be cool! If you can only like violent mature rated games, you are obviously not mature at all. Nor are you a true gamer, while many true gamers dont have nintendo as their faveourite company, they all respect it and wont deny the great accomplishments they have made to the world of gaming.
Have any comebacks that you wish to get slaughtered, I'd be happy to slaughter them for you if you wish w00t.gif .
Oh and for bungie making halo for xbox first, they actually were making it for the kings of crap first, apple. Then they got bought by microsoft and they made it for xbox. Not only that, my list managed to be of current gamecube exclusives! If I make your list exclusives only it would be 2, and fable is coming to pc anyways, with additions to boot! (hopefully you wont be invincible while rolling, and it will be over 10 hours long!)

#10 HaloD MC

HaloD MC

The Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(Naylord @ Apr 3 2005, 10:01 AM)
I could name more later if you wish, the point is, gamecube ain't kiddy, you are! You need to consolidation that your games are mature, you want your games to be cool! If you can only like violent mature rated games, you are obviously not mature at all. Nor are you a true gamer, while many true gamers dont have nintendo as their faveourite company, they all respect it and wont deny the great accomplishments they have made to the world of gaming.
Have any comebacks that you wish to get slaughtered, I'd be happy to slaughter them for you if you wish w00t.gif .
Oh and for bungie making halo for xbox first, they actually were making it for the kings of crap first, apple. Then they got bought by microsoft and they made it for xbox. Not only that, my list managed to be of current gamecube exclusives! If I make your list exclusives only it would be 2, and fable is coming to pc anyways, with additions to boot! (hopefully you wont be invincible while rolling, and it will be over 10 hours long!)

View Post

BLAH BLAH BLAH your boring me. I dont need to read all that so taht u can prove that it still sucks.

Acully here are the 2004 Spike TV Video game awards..

Best driving game
Burnout 3: Takedown (Electronic Arts)

Best first person action
Halo 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)

Designer of the year
Jason Jones and Bungie Studios, for Halo 2 (Microsoft Game Studios / Bungie Studios)

Most addictive game - Viewers choice

Best RPG
Fable (Microsoft Game Studios)

Best game based on a movie
The Chronicles of Rid!@#$: Escape From Butcher Bay (Vivendi Universal Games)

Top rated games..

5 Burnout 3: Takedown XBOX
6 Halo 2 XBOX
8 World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 International XBOX
11 The Chronicles of Rid!@#$: Escape From Butcher Bay XBOX
12 Rallisport Challenge 2 XBOX
13 Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 XBOX
21 ESPN NFL 2K5 XBOX
24 NBA Street V3 XBOX
29 ESPN NHL 2K5 XBOX
36 Madden NFL 2005 XBOX
40 Fight Night Round 2 XBOX
44 MVP Baseball 2005 XBOX
48 FIFA Soccer 2005 XBOX
56 Mercenaries XBOX
59 Dead or Alive Ultimate XBOX
67 NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup XBOX
74 Star Wars Republic Commando XBOX
77 Prince of Persia: Warrior Within XBOX
83 Def Jam: Fight for NY XBOX
85 Fight Night 2004 XBOX
86 Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory XBOX
99 Colin McRae Rally 2005 XBOX

and thats only the top 100 according to gamespot.

Naylord im not a nerd and play all the RPG games ever made liek you are. I actully play games worth while.

halo1
halo2
CZ games
ect ect

the fact is, is that you probably live in your moms basement playing nerdy games liek mario $%^&* with your nerdy friends saying okay guys one more round. While im over my g/f's house getting laid. or hanging out with sephiroth playing counterstrike souce. while getting laid by my gf. you probably play magic cards and pokemon cards and yogio $%^&*. sit at your loser table at school.

Im sorry but GC sucks a nut. and always will.

Nintendo used to own. not anymore.

DS sucks, PSP owns

N64 was the $%^&*, PS wasent the $%^&*

buy PS made theres betetr and now they neck and neck with XBOX.

PS used to be part of ninendo i beleive untill they split it.

#11 _TJ_

_TJ_

The greatest

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:30 PM

I will always have respect for Nintendo and Sega simply because of the 16bit console wars.

Back then, many people did not care about graphics, only gameplay. Not like today, where some pathetic criminal game is No 1 in the charts or some overrated sequel.

That is why I refuse to buy any of todayís consoles. If I did want to buy a console, itíll definitely be the Gamecube.

#12 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:03 AM

TJ has some valuble points, and it is one of the reasons why I love my cube so much.

QUOTE(HaloD MC @ Apr 3 2005, 11:18 AM)
BLAH BLAH BLAH your boring me. I dont need to read all that so taht u can prove that it still sucks.

Acully here are the 2004 Spike TV Video game awards..

Best driving game

Best first person action
Halo 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)

Designer of the year
Jason Jones and Bungie Studios, for Halo 2 (Microsoft Game Studios / Bungie Studios)

Most addictive game - Viewers choice

Best RPG
Fable (Microsoft Game Studios)

Best game based on a movie
The Chronicles of Rid!@#$: Escape From Butcher Bay (Vivendi Universal Games)

Top rated games..

5   Burnout 3: Takedown XBOX
6   Halo 2 XBOX
8   World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 International XBOX
11   The Chronicles of Rid!@#$: Escape From Butcher Bay XBOX
12   Rallisport Challenge 2 XBOX
13   Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 XBOX
21   ESPN NFL 2K5 XBOX
24   NBA Street V3 XBOX
29   ESPN NHL 2K5 XBOX
36   Madden NFL 2005 XBOX
40   Fight Night Round 2 XBOX
44   MVP Baseball 2005 XBOX
48   FIFA Soccer 2005 XBOX
56   Mercenaries XBOX
59   Dead or Alive Ultimate XBOX
67   NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup XBOX
74   Star Wars Republic Commando XBOX
77   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within XBOX
83   Def Jam: Fight for NY XBOX
85   Fight Night 2004 XBOX
86   Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory XBOX
99   Colin McRae Rally 2005 XBOX

and thats only the top 100 according to gamespot.
Naylord im not a nerd and play all the RPG games ever  made liek you are. I actully play games worth while.

halo1
halo2
CZ games
ect ect

the fact is, is that you probably live in your moms basement playing nerdy games liek mario $%^&* with your nerdy friends saying okay guys one more round. While im over my g/f's house getting laid. or hanging out with sephiroth playing counterstrike souce. while getting laid by my gf. you probably play magic cards and pokemon cards and yogio $%^&*. sit at your loser table at school.

Im sorry but GC sucks a nut. and always will.

Nintendo used to own. not anymore.

DS sucks, PSP owns

N64 was the $%^&*, PS wasent the $%^&*

buy PS made theres betetr and now they neck and neck with XBOX.
PS used to be part of ninendo i beleive untill they split it.

View Post

So the fact that you are bringing up that you get laid regularly as a point to why your system is better all the more proves that you are losing the arguement. I highly doubt you have a girlfriend and if you do she is ugly. You have a large amount of posts in a gaming forum, jeez I dont know a non-geek person that even knows what a gaming forum is! I can also infer from your terrible writing that you probably are not the smartest person in the world. And yes, me and my nerdy friends are all intelligent destined to be successful in life, you are clearly destined for less. Also, if you are always getting laid all the time, why are you here argueing with some geek hm? Maybe because you really are an outcast, and a crappy one at that!
Anyways back to relevant things, everything you mentioned there was not a game of the year award where other consoles were legible for victory, nope. Those were console specific genre awards, and they mean nothing really if the console isn't that good. Out of the four awards were games from all three consoles were legible to win and computer games on gamespot which is a very trusted site are as folliows:
2001 Grand Theft Auto PS2
2002 Metroid Prime
2003 Zelda Wind Waker
2004 World of Warcraft.
As you can see xbox has yet to win an award, probably due to a lack of any good exclusives, so far the games you just mentioned were not exclusive and/or not good and revoloutionary to gameplay and gaming in any means.
Here are a few more amazing gamecube titles that beat xbox further in the ground:
Ikaruga
F-Zero GX
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door
Zelda Collecters Edition

Your list is near completly full of multi-platform games, so I can enjoy them on my GC anyday 4.gif . I never bothered to mention those due that my lists would be to damn long, and besides all the best games are gamecube exclusives. We also have a brighter future. With killer7 on the horizon and Mario 128 as well as The Legend of Zelda coming up, Xbox is getting ready for an owning this year.

#13 Rick Hard

Rick Hard

Are Those My Feet?

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Metroid)
Oh c'mon, are you blind? the PSP is a piece of crap designed to try and run Nintendo out of business in the one area they still hold a near monopoly. There are so many flaws with the PSP it aint even funny. The ONLY objective behind the PSP is to hurt Nintendo, not to appease gamers.

ThePSP is not a piece of crap. Its an excellent Handheld. Its just all the nintendo war mongers trying to bad mouth it, which you seem to be believing,but its still holding up. Its has great specs and has a good battery life as well. No matter how much you want it to be $%^&*, it wont be. cos its is a really good handheld. It aint gonna disappear anytime soon. PSP is selling out immediatly everywhere. although the DS is as well, there is a greater demand for the PSP at the moment. Now dont get me wrong, i'm all for the DS, i prefer is to the psp. but you cant just say the psp is crap just cos you dont like sony. it may have a flaw or two, but nothing major. and now i'm sure you will list the flaws.

QUOTE(metroid)
Are you refering to losing to Sony or losing the Console war? because lets not forgett the sales figures. Nintendo passed Microsoft quite a few years ago and never lost ground since then.

yes i am. Nintendo are losing the console battle at the moment. that "proof" you ave is not proof. that was ages ago. well over a year. figures have changes since then. and anyway, the Cube hasnt been ahead of the xbox for a few years now. the consoles are only out a few years and for a good bit of that the Cube was in last position. Also,the xbox is only very marginally behind. That sort of difference means nothing to these companies and consoles. 150,000 is hardly anything when talkng about the whole world and the total or consoles sold. And anyway, the xbox is crap and we all know it, but i'm not going to argue about that. Also, the ps2 is wiping the floor with the cube and the xbox. The cube is not even winning in japan, where nintendo usually sells exceptionally well.

#14 dot matrix

dot matrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:43 PM

the best gamer is a P.C full stop, out of the consils a nentendo would be at the bottom of my list tongue.gif

#15 HaloD MC

HaloD MC

The Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:58 AM

Acully there bud those were real awards. Who the !@#$ cares how well my grammer is. I dont care much about school, so stop reminding me.
I was proving a point that X-Box/Games have won awards not year awards so shut the !@#$ up.

I only liekd the Nintendo orginal, super nintendo and N64. every thing else suck a**. GC would be insane it it came out with Dreamcast or some shitty console but not with todays generation.

Dont diss my gf cuz obviously you cant even get one or keep one and if you do your desprite so stfu stupid canadian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users