Halo 2

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2004 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(metroid_dragon @ Nov 28 2004, 03:49 AM)
ughg, i hated the pistol in the original, absolutly dispised it.

why use a Sniper rifle when you can use a pistol? why use an assualt rifle when you have a pistol?

seriously, it was stupendously broken in the original and i dont think they toned it down enough! the pistol should be a reserve weapon, not a main weapon. It should be a starting weapon so you arent that powerful as soon as you spawn, and it should just be used for reseve so you can whip it out if you happen to empty your clip of you main weapon and still havnt killed your enemy.

the pistol in the original was basically so poweful that every other weapon was obsolete if your opponant had a pistol. it was a sniper rifle, a close range, a medium range, and it reloaded quickly, the shotgun was useless because if your opponant had a pistol all he had to do was back away from you while firing. the sniper was useless because it could only hold four rounds a clip so you had to aim well, but if you had a pistol you could zoom in and just fire whenever your opponant pops his head up and not care about ammo since the pistol holds 12 bullets a clip and can carry 124 in reserve! plus it had pinpoint accuracy, there was no deviation from the crosshair!

and to top it all off, it was a one hit kill if you got a headshot.
if you dual weild 2 pistols they are still very dangerous, try it sometime.

View Post

Pretty much all of the reasons you gave for hating it are all of the reasons it made my pants go crazy.
Anyways, I think the analysis depends on whether you are playing the game or on multiplayer (Halo 1). During the game, the pistol is awesome, but not so extraordinarily powerful that you can't use anything else. Pretty much any other weapon, or combination thereof, can get you where you need to go, and leave much death and gore along your path.
On multiplayer, the pistol rocks also, but they are not even close to invincible. A rocket shot to the chest, a well-aimed snipe (the fact that you lament needing aim to shot the guy down strikes me as odd, since for me the sacred aura of the sniper lies from his godly aim). I do admit that it is frustrating when you try to take one down with a shot gun (damn them.... who said they were allowed to walk backwards?) but a plasma grenade to the head and a hasty retreat should remedy that.
But yeah, for me, the sheer power of the pistol had me in awe, and now, after Halo 2, I cry myself to sleep at night. Although, to give it credit, when my dual SMG's ran out, my shield was blinking red and making that annoying, "you're gonna die, biatch," sound, and there were still two elites or whatever with a ravenous look in their eyes, picking up a pistol worked out well.

#17 super b

super b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:33 AM

grads on the review betta n mine but i had like 20 mins to write it i cna c u put alot of tiem into it and i thank u for thsi review as the the little as monkey that dont like the game shut the (explicet word deleted) up

#18 theonesephiroth

theonesephiroth

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 03:46 PM

look familiar?

hate to bump such an old topic. i shoulda said this before but hey metriod its not cool to copy and paste from sites

#19 HaloD MC

HaloD MC

The Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:29 PM

I saw that a while ago, I didnt feel liek posting it. It would be alright if he posted the proper credits.

#20 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(me)
this isnt all original work, some of it incorperated from other reviews including gamespot but edited as to be relavent to this review.

what are you guys talking about? i gave credit, if you read it you would relize thats it's not identicle, there are quite a few small differences, the only sections that i really took direcrtly were the Xbox online sections because i dont have access to that.

EDIT: plus i hadnt beaten it yet so i had to take off Gamespot the parts and aspects i hadnt reached.

EDIT AGAIN: and i've never even been to that page, the only places i got my info where gamespot and some no name site with a random Xbox Live review. So that means that the site you posted just copied and pasted straight from Gamespot.

#21 Naylord

Naylord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:52 PM

eh, I didnt like halo 2.
many people justify its greatness with the online play, online play aint revoloutionary, pc games have had much better online play for years.
Anyways, Halo 2 had a good, but insanly short and anticlimatic, campaign. So my score for it would be 7/10, but thats just me.

#22 theonesephiroth

theonesephiroth

• Honored members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:55 PM

ok so they copyed gamespot and so did you lol o wait u changed words like and, but and or lol

#23 HaloD MC

HaloD MC

The Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:05 PM

lol, Proper credits is putting the link for it and who wrote it ect ect

#24 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:04 AM

Hey now, there are enture paragraphs different, read over the whole thing, there is alot of differences, and not just useless differences like "but, and and or" but actuall factual differences and information.

As for the credits, I gave creadit to Gamespot for the material i got off them, i specifically said the word "Gamespot", how much more credit can i give? and as for the other part i got off the random site, well it wasnt large site so i didnt bother giving credit, i just said it wasnt original.

Twice i mentioned that it wasnt all original work in that thing.

anyways, this is getting old, and incredibly off topic.

#25 HaloD MC

HaloD MC

The Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:12 AM

yeah who cares, you posted that liek a sentry ago lol yeah so anyone here play x-box live?

#26 thunderleaf

thunderleaf

Gold Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:28 PM

Pretty good review, although I feel Halo 2 is way overrated by the public. When I played it over at a friends place, it didn't give me such an impression as i expected it to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users