25 replies to this topic

#1 super b

super b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 12:20 AM

Halo 2 my review lol that rymes

Halo 2 starts off awhile after the events of the original with our hero master cheif escaping the ring world of halo

upside well for starts the graphics are amazing when playing the acutal game one of the new additions to the game is dual weilding and what taht is is it allows u to weild 2 one handed weapons and teh same time excluding the energy sword wich brings me to the sword its cool u can get close to most enemise in the game and press R wehen ur target lights up and bam ur enemise dead in just one sipe the new addition of the gauss gun warthog is cool 2 im also gonna say taht the trailder for e3 a coupla years ago wit the master on earth is not in the game the other cool thing is that u get to play as an elite for bout half of the game his name is the arbitor u go on many misions wit him and he is the oen that helps save earth in the end lets get to co op its great playin with ur friends is a blast so fun the vehicles are very good at handling for the most part adn on the higher diffuclty settings is extremly hard to get through a level without dying at least 2 or 3 times

downside well the tank is ungodly slow and in most cutsecens u c the textures come in and out and go from low to high res the needler my favorite weapon from halo has been tuned down so the explosions arnt as good and well jsutr nto as fun to use i found myself using double smgs for mc adn double plasma rifles for the arbitor for most of the game

i loved halo 2 and im gonna give it a 9.8 outta 10 thanks for readin my review adn dont steal it well i guess it dont matter cuz its not all tah good but i hoped it help u decied to buy or not to buy thsi amazing game

note.i havent played the online mp but im assured taht it rues by alot of the peeps i know

#2 Rick Hard

Rick Hard

Are Those My Feet?

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 01:21 PM

First of all, a little punctuation would be good. thats just one very very very long sentence. not even a fullstop in it.

anyway. the review was alright in my opinion. you gave somedetails of the game but never reall elaborated on them such as when you said the graphics were excellent but didnt say what was so good about them, ie the terain looks good and the textures of the vehicles/ landscape/enemies anre of high quality. Again with the guns there was no real explaination except for the dual weapons. the new weapon were not mentioned and neither were the new vehicles.The AI was also left out, which for me was very bad in the first game.

overall it was average review and i think you could do a lot better seeing as you probably own the game. but keep trying. it only your first attempt. keep it up 4.gif

#3 super b

super b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:24 PM

i didnt want to go into to much detail because for the peeps who havnet played ti i dont want to spoil all the cool ness taht is halo 2

#4 Rick Hard

Rick Hard

Are Those My Feet?

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(super b @ Nov 11 2004, 06:24 PM)
i didnt want to go into to much detail because for the peeps who havnet played ti i dont want to spoil all the cool ness taht is halo 2

View Post

Alright. i suppose thats fair enough.

but if some readers havent played it, it would be better to give some information on the game, such as mentioned before, while at the same time not revealing a huge a,ount about the game. its supposed to be a review you see. personally i would prefered if you gave more information. i think it would inform people of the good and bad points of the game and not vaguely describing it.

#5 Rosette Christopher

Rosette Christopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:43 AM

it's a good review but still halo 2 does not deserve a 9.8 out of 10. It's not that great really.
I'll say it again Halo 2 is nothing special on FPS games.
maybe a 4 would be enough

#6 super b

super b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(Rosette Christopher @ Nov 22 2004, 11:43 AM)
it's a good review but still halo 2 does not deserve a 9.8 out of 10. It's not that great really.

View Post

what a 4 tahts bs wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif u have no respect for thsi game its great how coud u give it a 4 its great i just got xbl and now its even better i guess 9.8 was over the top but at least a 9.5 u must have not played halo thuroly because the story is great i will admit halo 2 ends abruptly and so on and tis not perfet but by fps standards on teh xbox its the best to dat now compared ot half life well half lifes better sorry to make angry ne halo 2 fans who think otherwise so if u got a pc get half life got xbox get halo 2 got both get both thats settled no question bout it tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

#7 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(Rosette Christopher @ Nov 22 2004, 11:43 AM)

View Post

Maybe if we were talking about your mom wielding a six shot pistol, that would be the case. I think Halo 2 deserves more than a 4.

#8 Rosette Christopher

Rosette Christopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(etile @ Dec 8 2004, 08:17 AM)
Maybe if we were talking about your mom wielding a six shot pistol, that would be the case. I think Halo 2 deserves more than a 4.

View Post

Whatever u reckon. I just hate halo likers they annoy the hell out of me. 58.gif
always bragging about how good it is.

#9 Guest_etile_*

Guest_etile_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE(Rosette Christopher @ Dec 8 2004, 11:36 AM)
Whatever u reckon. I just hate halo likers they annoy the hell out of me. 58.gif
always bragging about how good it is.

View Post

Ok, I agree with you on that point. But, it's like that for almost any major game out there.

#10 Guest_tzobell_*

Guest_tzobell_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2004 - 06:04 AM

i think people are a little overly obsesive about halo 2.

#11 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:11 AM

i concur, it's far overrated. Halo 2 wasnt that great. it had nothing revolutionary in it at all. Halo 1 was revolutionary as a FPS though. i consider a game revolutionary when it has many new aspects compared to other games in the same genre.

Goldeneye was revolutionary.

Starcraft was revolutionary.

Super Mario 64 was revolutionary.

Final Fantasy VII was revolutionary.

Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time was revolutionary.

Animal Crossing was revolutionary (some people may disagree because they think it was too kiddy or whatever, but anybody who actually played it would relize that this was incredibly revolutionary)

Half Life 1 was revolutionary

GTA 3 was revolutionary.

Halo 1 was revolutionary.

all Halo 2 did was remake the aspects of Halo without creating any new aspects to FPS games. therefor it wasnt revolutionary. it was a good game but it had nothing new. this is why i think it's overrated. GTA: San Andreas is also overrated. all these games are doing is running on the momentum created by thier parent games. people assume that a game will be great because it's parent game was great. simple as that.

#12 charlie

charlie

I'll be back..

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:52 PM

no offence to any halo fanatics, but i can't stand it!

(nice review all the same ) wink_smile.gif

#13 Amphere

Amphere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE(metroid_dragon @ Dec 8 2004, 10:11 PM)
i concur, it's far overrated. Halo 2 wasnt that great. it had nothing revolutionary in it at all. Halo 1 was revolutionary as a FPS though. i consider a game revolutionary when it has many new aspects compared to other games in the same genre.

Goldeneye was revolutionary.

Starcraft was revolutionary.

Super Mario 64 was revolutionary.

Final Fantasy VII was revolutionary.

Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time was revolutionary.

Animal Crossing was revolutionary (some people may disagree because they think it was too kiddy or whatever, but anybody who actually played it would relize that this was incredibly revolutionary)

Half Life 1 was revolutionary

GTA 3 was revolutionary.

Halo 1 was revolutionary.

all Halo 2 did was remake the aspects of Halo without creating any new aspects to FPS games. therefor it wasnt revolutionary. it was a good game but it had nothing new. this is why i think it's overrated. GTA: San Andreas is also overrated. all these games are doing is running on the momentum created by thier parent games. people assume that a game will be great because it's parent game was great. simple as that.

View Post

What about Perfect Dark, that game has awesome multiplayer action, not something you see in your normal everyday game.

#14 Guest_metroid_dragon_*

Guest_metroid_dragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:56 AM

Perfect dark was a fantastic game, the best FPS ever made in my opinion, but it didnt create anthing new, it only made old aspects exctremally good.

all it did was perfect the aspects that goldeneye revolutionized.

#15 Amphere

Amphere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:12 AM

Which came first, Goldeneye or Perfect Dark?

Nintendo was lucky, their Bond games looked and were good on the N64, well for the most part. The Bond games for Playstation are horrible.

I still say that Perfect Dark is a revolutionary game, with very original guns, a unique storyline and multiplayer action that I still continue to rave about. cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users