• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 EdgE_SOAD

EdgE_SOAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:35 AM

There's about 30 minutes left of the day but I just want to say a few things.

Two years ago we lost, in my opinon, one of the best guitarists ever, if not the best.
On December 8, 2004, Pantera/Damageplan guitarist Dimebag Darrell was gunned down by a crazed fan at a Damageplan show. I think I speak for most rockers when I say, Darrell Abott was a hell of a guy and of course a hell of a musician.

What him and Pantera had done was in my mind, revolutionary. I think it's safe to say that when the gunman of Darrell was shot by the cops, he went directly to hell. But seriously, December 8, 2004.....never forget. It's a day when we lost in my mind, a true American hero.

#2 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:47 AM

Well, this topic got exactly the reply it deserved.

Nothing.

[EDIT] Shouldn't we also remember the other three people who were killed? Doesn't seem fair not too.

#3 EdgE_SOAD

EdgE_SOAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:21 AM

Who cares...they wern't in Pantera.

#4 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE(EdgE_SOAD @ Dec 9 2006, 11:21 PM) View Post
Who cares...they wern't in Pantera.

So, you're saying that since they weren't in the band, their death means nothing?

Who cares? These people may not have mattered to you, but they most certainly mattered to someone. Please justify your comment.

#5 EdgE_SOAD

EdgE_SOAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:29 AM

They wern't Dimebag...they were normal everyday people. We have enough of them dying each day. Darrell's death was farmore tragic.

#6 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE(EdgE_SOAD @ Dec 9 2006, 11:29 PM) View Post
They wern't Dimebag...they were normal everyday people. We have enough of them dying each day. Darrell's death was farmore tragic.

You can't honestly believe that. How do you even say ridiculous things like this?

#7 EdgE_SOAD

EdgE_SOAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:40 AM

I do believe that! Dude, thats the way I see it. We have a million average Joe's dying per day. So it's only fair for the famous Joe to get the recognition. Joe Paterni, Joe from Blue's Clues, Joe Dimaggio. But Seriously.

#8 Marshy

Marshy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

R.I.P Dimebag, makes you wish you could go back in time. Ah, weren't members of some other band or something killed that day o.o?

#9 EdgE_SOAD

EdgE_SOAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:04 PM

Um...not that I know of.

#10 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:21 PM

Three others were killed in the shooting: concert attendee Nathan Bray, 23, of Columbus; club employee Erin Halk, 29, of northwest Columbus; and Damageplan security guard Jeff "Mayhem" Thompson, 40, of Texas. The band's drum technician, John "Kat" Brooks, and tour manager, Chris Paluska, were injured.

That is a horrible attitude, Doug. Expect me to say that to you if you lose someone close.

#11 EdgE_SOAD

EdgE_SOAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:20 AM

All I'm saying is, no one remembers that day because of the security crew and what not, they remember it because of Dimebag.

#12 Vintage

Vintage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(EdgE_SOAD @ Dec 11 2006, 11:20 PM) View Post
All I'm saying is, no one remembers that day because of the security crew and what not, they remember it because of Dimebag.

And yet, that has nothing at all to do with my point.

#13 EdgE_SOAD

EdgE_SOAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 11:57 PM

All I'm saying is that people that didn't know those families don't remember that day for them. They remember it for Darrell Lance Abott.

#14 sage

sage

Music forum moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:30 AM

The families from the killed peoples wish your Dimebag Darrell never been born, because if he wasn't born they will be still alive so start changing your attitude about people, every people have equal meaning to the society and the world. Respect all the people, not only that you admire.

#15 InuYasha

InuYasha

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:21 AM

Who pinned this? It seems that someone could move this to a debate about if Mr. SOAD is right, or if Vintage is right, am I right?

To stay on topic- I totally agree with Sage and Vintage. To put it into more context, if I killed !@#$ Cheney, and Mr. Vintage, its like someone saying- oh look !@#$ Cheney is better than Mr. Vintage, so I don't care if Mr. Vintage got killed, its !@#$ Cheney who matters. This is just a 'model' don't worry, I'm not going to come and kill you in your sleep...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users