50 replies to this topic

#1 Shinobi_Artist

Shinobi_Artist

1st RP Tournament Champion

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:49 AM

Hello to those who know who I am and to those who don't know me. I have been off in a world of my own and haven't had much interest here. I just wanted to see if anyone would be willing to play a little D&D I tried this before some time ago but life happened and I dropped off the world, but now that 4th edition of D&D is out and even easier to use I thought I would try again and see if we can get an adventure going, I'm just looking for interest, if you don't know anything about D&D don't be scared to post any questions you have. I am pretty well versed in D&D so I should be able to answer any questions there are. Thanks for any and all interest in this!

#2 tanjitsu

tanjitsu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:32 AM

yeah i played a little d and d but i am still a nub so what is it going to be like ... i find roling dice over the internet to be less than efective coke8.gif

#3 Shinobi_Artist

Shinobi_Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:10 PM

True, but there are several programs online used to roll dice, and D&D over the web can depend less on dice during non combat situations then table top.

#4 tanjitsu

tanjitsu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 09:19 PM

ok well not quite what i was expecting but i would still be willing to give it a try, but my schedule dosn't allow me much time to post if i ever become a bother feel free to kick me yes.gif

#5 etile

etile

Wise Mr. Moogie

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:53 AM

I'm down, yo. Never tried it before, though.

#6 trigunkilla

trigunkilla

FOR PONY!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:26 AM

i guess i could try it out. im a complete tard so please feel free to hold my hand (figuratively).

#7 Shinobi_Artist

Shinobi_Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:00 AM

I would like to play with the new edition, but there isn't alot of resources for it available freely, so we will probably play with the most well known rules, which would be D&D 3.5ed if you want to look it up, This Is the best resource for all the information needed, All I would like is for everyone interested to pick a race and class. There are no limitations on combos, it's just that certain races arn't good at certain things, like half-orcs don't make good wizards because their INT(intelligence, if you couldn't figure it out) isn't so great, but they make excellent fighters because their STR (strength). You can browse the SRD abd it should answer your questions, but if your having trouble just tell me what you would like to do and I can set it up for you. You can also contact me on MSN/Windows messenger at Sovailes@hotmail.com.

#8 tanjitsu

tanjitsu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

can we use any and all races or are we limited to the basics like , orcs, elves, humons, halflings.

cause i have a great idea for a lycanthrope laugh.gif

#9 Shinobi_Artist

Shinobi_Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:41 AM

Ah, races like lycanthropes and other monster races have certain restrictions and such and get into the complicated areas of D&D, seeing all the new people I would rather you pick from the base races, sry tongue.gif

#10 tanjitsu

tanjitsu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:05 PM

all good i just need a couple days to come upp with my char. rolleyes.gif

#11 trigunkilla

trigunkilla

FOR PONY!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:35 AM

all i need is a couple days to have it explained to me how we do this. seriously. please explain. i dont know where to start. and are we a good or evil party? are we in a party? can i be an elf chaotic evil fighter? and how do we work the dice thing?

#12 Shinobi_Artist

Shinobi_Artist

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

aaahhhhhh, behold the power of D&D, it was my fault for not laying out a world for you to base your characters off, but it's also good to be able to come up with your own ideas that I can incorporate. Eventually you will be a party, but you don't have to start that way, you don't need to be a party of best friends, you can be a group of total strangers who happen to get summoned by some noble for help. You COULD be a chaotic evil character, but your mannerisms and ways of doing things could be off putting to say a lawful good character, and that would cause party in-fighting and wouldn't be good for the story. I'll have more info soon.

#13 trigunkilla

trigunkilla

FOR PONY!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:34 PM

ok. i figured evil wouldnt work. plus it would be a little dificult to play as. thanks. will wait for worldinfo and such (and roughly design character)

#14 metroid_dragon

metroid_dragon

☢ Doomed Utopia Theorem ☢ (Law of Zeal)

• NuneWorld Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,233 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:37 PM

*pulls out The Complete Psionic*

Hmm... maybe I'll play a soulblade...

But ya, I'd prolly be down, what edition are we playing? I'm reading both 3.5 and 4.0 in this topic.

#15 trigunkilla

trigunkilla

FOR PONY!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:36 AM

3.5 i think we are doing. which is good cause last year i pickled up a psionic book and was more confused than usual. but i saw an oriental d&d book once. can we pic stuff from there? i would love to be samurai. or at least a fighter with a katana.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users